The Student Room Group

Lnat 2015?

I thought it would be a great idea to create a thread for the special lnat takers as the people last year made theirs... So if you took the test in 2014 and are applying for university in 2015 then how do you think you did in the lnat test? Have you got offers from the university's you chose yet?
Reply 1
Original post by Stephaniecamille
I thought it would be a great idea to create a thread for the special lnat takers as the people last year made theirs... So if you took the test in 2014 and are applying for university in 2015 then how do you think you did in the lnat test? Have you got offers from the university's you chose yet?

Hi there, im one of those people who left the LNAT pretty late, doing it in a few days now.. wondering if you have any advice for preparation? thanks
Original post by cfahy311
Hi there, im one of those people who left the LNAT pretty late, doing it in a few days now.. wondering if you have any advice for preparation? thanks

Hi! I did mine last week and tbh there is no preparation all you can do really is to read newspaper articles and do the example questions on their website
Reply 3
Hi! I did mine last week and tbh there is no preparation all you can do really is to read newspaper articles and do the example questions on their website

Ahh yea ive heard it is pretty hard to prepare for! Im really only starting now, so im just going to try and catch up on the recent current affairs and hope for the best! where did you apply for btw?
Ahh yea ive heard it is pretty hard to prepare for! Im really only starting now, so im just going to try and catch up on the recent current affairs and hope for the best! where did you apply for btw?

Ok good luck with it and I only applied for nottingham university what about you?
Reply 5
Ok good luck with it and I only applied for nottingham university what about you?

Im applying for Bristol, heard Nottingham is lovely but!
Im applying for Bristol, heard Nottingham is lovely but!

The grade are really high but the university is beautiful and ah bristol is lovely too!
I've got mine on the 13th ( late I know but before the 15th at least!) and I have only applied to Birmingham. Hopefully I will get an offer. In the practice tests I did I got 23 and 19. How did people find theirs?
Original post by neal95
I've got mine on the 13th ( late I know but before the 15th at least!) and I have only applied to Birmingham. Hopefully I will get an offer. In the practice tests I did I got 23 and 19. How did people find theirs?

Last years cut off was 20 I think so anything above that would be godsend.. And birmingham uni looks fab
Reply 9
Original post by neal95

Hi, are you just doing the practice tests of the official website?
Last years cut off was 20 I think so anything above that would be godsend.. And birmingham uni looks fab

Oh right, yeah I read that for universities such as kings etc but I also heard Birmingham have offers to people with slightly lower scores as they look at the essay and have a holistic approach to applications. Nottingham uni looks amazing adwl, the lake campus is just amazing! Where else have you applied for law? :smile:

Hi, are you just doing the practice tests of the official website?

And yeah I've done the 2 practice tests online but I have also purchased a book by mark shepherd called mastering the LNAT which has 2 tests in and I read the newspaper anyway so hopefully I will be well versed in current affairs.
Original post by neal95
Oh right, yeah I read that for universities such as kings etc but I also heard Birmingham have offers to people with slightly lower scores as they look at the essay and have a holistic approach to applications. Nottingham uni looks amazing adwl, the lake campus is just amazing! Where else have you applied for law? :smile: QUOTE]

Aw I knew I should have applied for Birmingham, I really regret it now. I've also applied to manchester, newcastle, liverpool and Huddersfield.. What about you?
(edited 9 years ago)
[QUOTE="Stephaniecamille;52619083"]
Original post by neal95
Oh right, yeah I read that for universities such as kings etc but I also heard Birmingham have offers to people with slightly lower scores as they look at the essay and have a holistic approach to applications. Nottingham uni looks amazing adwl, the lake campus is just amazing! Where else have you applied for law? :smile: QUOTE]

Aw I knew I should have applied for Birmingham, I really regret it now. I've also applied to manchester, newcastle, liverpool and Huddersfield.. What about you?

Don't worry about it! If you change your mind, provided you get ABB or above then they will accept you through adjustment/clearing

I have applied to Sheffield, Leicester, Manchester and Liverpool and currently only have one offer from Sheffield for AAA ATM.
[QUOTE="neal95;52619269"]

Don't worry about it! If you change your mind, provided you get ABB or above then they will accept you through adjustment/clearing

I have applied to Sheffield, Leicester, Manchester and Liverpool and currently only have one offer from Sheffield for AAA ATM.

Ah that's good. If notts does accept me I think that's what I will do lol and ohh I currently live in sheffield and it's so cool that they've given you an offer, the uni is really good one of the top ranked!
[QUOTE="Stephaniecamille;52619385"]
Original post by neal95

Ah that's good. If notts does accept me I think that's what I will do lol and ohh I currently live in sheffield and it's so cool that they've given you an offer, the uni is really good one of the top ranked!

Makes sense, it's such a good uni! And I was really happy as it's a stron uni and they have links to commercial law firms which is of great interest to me :smile:
[QUOTE="neal95;52619581"]

Makes sense, it's such a good uni! And I was really happy as it's a stron uni and they have links to commercial law firms which is of great interest to me :smile:

Omg same here!!! Commercial law is want I really want to do because it seems so exciting ahh
[QUOTE="Stephaniecamille;52619635"]
Original post by neal95

Omg same here!!! Commercial law is want I really want to do because it seems so exciting ahh

I can't imagine doing anything else tbh! Well maybe accountancy but that's as a back up! London life and the nice salary looks appealing haha
[QUOTE="neal95;52619723"]

I can't imagine doing anything else tbh! Well maybe accountancy but that's as a back up! London life and the nice salary looks appealing haha

Hahaa I know right, just having that perfect job and knowing that I've achieved it is like wow. And accounting isn't too bad it's just maths and numbers lol but accountants seem very intelligent and smart anyway

Quick Reply

Latest