University of Cambridge
Cambridge
I'm applying for maths.
Yep, I'm applying for History.:smile:
Reply 4
Post Removed
Reply 5
I've applied for architecture!
wow, we got a whole range going on here haven't we.

Is it just me though, or are cambridge so annoying with all the questionnaires?? thought i had everything done with the fatty CAF, but nope, got another one through the post the other day. "what aspects of the course at cambridge attracted you here?"

Well... erm....
Reply 6
Minthumbug
I've applied for architecture!
wow, we got a whole range going on here haven't we.

Is it just me though, or are cambridge so annoying with all the questionnaires?? thought i had everything done with the fatty CAF, but nope, got another one through the post the other day. "what aspects of the course at cambridge attracted you here?"

Well... erm....

yeah lol that form is pretty annoying especially that question as I'm sure I answered that on the CAF statement part - I don't know whether to repeat myself or not..
Reply 7
Yeah that's true, in my CAF personal statement I highlighted aspects of the course I liked....oh well I'll try and think of something else to say:p:
ahhh, Emma...

Good choice.
Reply 9
Hey... I applied for engineering as well... yey

nice to see its not only science-folk at emma!
Chumbaniya
I'm applying for maths.
We're in direct competition :tongue: except I'm applying for maths with physics.

I'm filling out the questionnaire that came with the letter just now, this is far more difficult than any Cambridge university exam...
ad absurdum
We're in direct competition :tongue: except I'm applying for maths with physics.

Die in a fire! Sorry, what I meant to say was 'good luck', but it came out wrong. :p:

Minthumbug
"what aspects of the course at cambridge attracted you here?"

My answer here was to just rehash the first sentence(s) of the subject entry in the prospectus. "The maths course at cambridge is one of the most prestigious and challenging in....zzzzz". You get the picture. Why do they ask us that anyway? I don't think there's any subject where the major reason for anyone applying is anything other than that Cambridge is an extremely good university with world class academics and exciting courses.
LOL, good, I'm not the only one who felt like I was rewriting the prospectus on the SAQ.

However, if prompted about what I wrote whilst at interview, I can deliver a 5 minute comparison of the study at U.S. LACs vs U.S. state schools and synthesize exactly why Emma kicks both of their a$$es. I was very proud of my tiny handwriting needed to accomplish this.
Chumbaniya
Die in a fire! Sorry, what I meant to say was 'good luck', but it came out wrong. :p:Hehe, good luck to you too :smile: There's room for both of us, particularly if we threaten to break some kneecaps around interview time :p:
Reply 14
ARGH! Not another TWO applicants for Engineering!? Ah well, at least they claim to take 16 of us each year, which is a lot more than most.
Well then, I guess I'll see you guys at the interview. Before then, good luck, and I hope the worst for you! (jk) :p:
Just so we all know what we're competing against, I'm doing the following:
IB diploma
Computer Science HL
Maths HL
Physics HL

Economics SL
English A1 SL
French B SL anticipated (and I got a 7 woot! :biggrin: )

Now to go off and start sharpening my elbows :wink:
Just out of interest, what did you other engineers put on the interview specific choice? I put Electronic Engineering and Computers and Speech Recognition. Honestly, I'm not _that_ much of a geek...
Good luck,
Pete
Just thought I'd pop my head in here to wish you all luck. Pete, you have a name that is almost identical to a Life Fellow (and former University Professor of Cultural History) in History, but his surname is Burke rather than Burk. When you come for interview you may spot his name on the Queen's Building.

Any idea when your interviews will be? I may still be around as I am staying until either the 6th or 9th.
The provisional dates for Economics interviews are the 7th and 8th of December.
JohnStuartMill
Any idea when your interviews will be? I may still be around as I am staying until either the 6th or 9th.

Maths are the 4th to the 8th. I might get an interview on my Birthday :biggrin: . Do you think if it was on my birthday, they'd give me an offer as a present?

Incidentally, on the subject of people with similar names going to Cambridge (this really is going off on a tangent, but what do I care?), I found someone with exactly the same name as me who had taken maths at Cambridge. A good sign? A completely uninteresting coincidence? I'll let you decide...
My interview is the 5th. I need to book my flight this weekend...

LOL, an offer would make a nice birthday present :smile:
I'm not at Emma, and nor did I apply, but I have a friend who has, and well, just thought I'd add to the Emma love - possibly the nicest college in Cambridge, apart from Pembroke of course.

Latest