The Student Room Group

The acceptance / rejecting process

In August 2007 when I recieve my A-Level results what actually happens on track?
Do you have to enter your grades onto the system or are they automatically uploaded?
Also, if you miss an offer condition by 1 grade or so, how do you know if the uni will still accept you / reject you?
Is it possible to reject your firm choice even when you have met the condition and go for your insurance choice instead?
just to emphasise the questions, i would also like to find the answers to these questions
Hiya..

I'm a reapplicant so I had all of this fun on results day of last year :smile: UCAS get your A-Level grades direct from the exam boards at least a day earlier (possibly more) than you get them at school. Track is updated automatically at midnight, and it says 'congratulations' if you get your firm, or if you get your insurance it should automatically offer that to you instead. I'm not sure if you can reject your firm and go for your insurance even if you meet the firm offer because I wasn't in that situation but I shouldn't imagine that it would be a big problem. If you miss the grades you have to contact the university direct immediately to see if they will still offer you your place. Depending on how full the course is, they might be able to, otherwise you'll have to go to your insurance choice or maybe through clearing.

Hope this helps! xxx
Reply 3
What so like on the 18th of August or whatever it'll be next year we can go online at midnight and we'll know if we've got into our Uni or not. That's going to be brilliant, or horrible :frown:
Reply 4
*Sparkle*
What so like on the 18th of August or whatever it'll be next year we can go online at midnight and we'll know if we've got into our Uni or not. That's going to be brilliant, or horrible :frown:

Yeah, so that means we don't have to bother going into school, we can just find out our results online. :biggrin:
Lol yeah, that's the idea of it :smile: Only problem is that everyone tries at the same time so it crashes a lot to start with. I tried to look at midnight and then ended up going to bed, checking it at 6 and then went to results day knowing I'd got the grades I wanted which was pretty cool (and much less stressful!) Turns out a lot of people at my school did the same thing too, so it made the wait before they let us in much nicer :p: xxxx
Reply 6
I doubt our results will be there and you might have got above your offer.
No, your results aren't there, that's true. But it was good for me because I needed three As to get into Bristol for English and when I saw that I'd gotten in I was happy because I knew that I could reapply for Law. UCAS use your results to work out if you got into uni or not, but you can't actually see them on track.
yeah, i remember last results day all the year 12 students couldnt log on to ucas because it was only open for year 13's
Reply 9
rico dan man
yeah, i remember last results day all the year 12 students couldnt log on to ucas because it was only open for year 13's

Yeah that was well annoying, haha now ex-year 11 will have to suffer! :biggrin:
Universities get the results on the Sunday before results day. When you click choices, conditional firm will change to either unconditional firm or unsuccessful. If it's unsuccessful, conditional insurance will change to either unconditional firm or unsuccessful. If either of them haven't changed, this means the uni hasn't decided yet, so there's still time to ring up and plead your case. If you meet the conditions for your firm, you have to go there unless you get them to release you.

Latest

Trending

Trending