The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Alex347_
Hi, I got my EPQ result today and I got an A*. I'm not here to boast; I thought many of you might like to ask some questions about the qualifications.

HI, what did you include as evidence for all your planning and time management. I have a booklet where i wrote down all my initial research as i was going along with notes to sources i had saved links to on my laptop which i have then further included in my bibliography. As well as this I've created a gantt chart with some rough dates of when i started and ended things on. Did you do more than this? Aiming for an A*
Hey everyone,

Here are some tips that you can apply to any EPQ topic to help you get an A/A*:
https://lifeofamedic.com/epq-tips/
Hi, I got my EPQ result today and I got an A*. I'm not here to boast; I thought many of you might like to ask some questions about the qualifications.

Hey, just wondering how many words were in your EPQ in total.

I m doing an artefact for my epqs mostly art based so could i make several paintings and a sculpture or is ONLY 1 allowed. Also tbh idk wat i m doing they kinda just left us to it, do u have any resources i could borrow or any other ART EPQ FOLK OUT THERE PLZ HELP ME
do you have to reference pictures?
Hi,

For a 5,000 word essay, could you break each section down into how many words it should be? e.g. Introduction - 1000 words
Original post by Lularose83
Woo well done! I'm predicted an a* in epq but I don't think I'll get it. Do you have any advice? Ie how did you structure your essay and how many sources did you use :smile:

how did you do in your EPQ and what did you do it on?
Original post by Crypolla18
I just got an A* in my EPQ as well (congrats to you all btw!) And I did mine with the product being a model and a supporting dissertation on a science/engineering topic. If anyone has any questions or wants any advice feel free to ask!

what was your topic as thats what I'm looking at doing! :smile:
Original post by Magnus Taylor
I got 49/50 A* on my EPQ it was easyyy

what was your title for your eps and how did you break it down! :smile:))
What does 'a viva' presentation consist of for the EPQ, I am thinking of doing one.

Hey, what supporting documents did you have to go with your report, planning wise etc?

Hi I was wondering if the EPQ needed to be exactly 5000 words or can it be slightly more. Like is 5000 a maximum or a minimum?
Original post by Georgia2464
Hi I was wondering if the EPQ needed to be exactly 5000 words or can it be slightly more. Like is 5000 a maximum or a minimum?

we got told 10% either way would be fine for ours so between 4500 and 5500.
Thank you☺️

what forms of research did you use? and how many?

ok so i am currently starting the epq, and I'm on the production log bit, so it asks what are m initial resources , how do i answer that, do i just say the internet or do i specify random websites that correlate to the question, do i put down names of different books???? please help i really want an A*
I am doing my presentation in the form of 'a viva' and I do not like presenting in many people. I am allowed to choose the number of people attending so if I choose two; will it it reduce the number of marks I gain??
Do you need to do a log of progress and submit that?
Original post by HelpQuickQues
I am doing my presentation in the form of 'a viva' and I do not like presenting in many people. I am allowed to choose the number of people attending so if I choose two; will it it reduce the number of marks I gain??

I only did mine to two people
Original post by rosepower
what forms of research did you use? and how many?

It’s probably best to use two or three different types... e.g. website, book, video/tv documentary... i got a c and I only used websites which is one of the things that I think I lost marks on

Latest

Trending

Trending