The Student Room Group

Interview days

I have made my university applications and am waiting to hear back. However, I have a few questions about the interview days. If anyone could help I would appreciate it, i was just wondering what I should do. Do I attend on my own, will it be a day thing? How will I know where to go when I get there? What should I wear? If anyone could shed some light on what it may be like I would appreciate it, thanks ☺️ (I am applying for nursing btw)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Always dress smart and comfortably.

There will be a English and Maths test and if you successfully pass that, you get invited for an interview.

Some universities might ask different questions, but from what I gathered, they would probably ask common things such as:

- Why nursing?
- Why did you choose your specific field?
-Why did you choose this university?
- Do you have relevant experience of caring for others?
- current issues in the NHS or Nursing

Then other questions would probably be scenario based.

Make sure you revise for the english and maths test, and do your research in preparation for the interview.

Good Luck!!! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
The test days and interviews are likely to last for the day. Sometimes, the test day lasts for half a day, but it's best to reserve a day for this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Directions to the universities might be difficult to find, depending on where it is and if you're not familiar with the area.

It would be good to find the university a day or a week before undertaking the actual test, or you could leave home early to find it.

I hope I answered all your questions ^_^

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
I've been to a few of the unis but when I arrive there do I just go to reception? 😎 you've answered most of my questions thank you 😄

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nikz.lewin
I've been to a few of the unis but when I arrive there do I just go to reception? 😎 you've answered most of my questions thank you 😄

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, when you arrive there on the day of the test, you tell them that you're here to do the skills test for nursing and they will direct you on where to go.

Make sure you arrive there on time or earlier! ^_^

You're welcome :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest