The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mary562
:biggrin:

I think you can sit straight ahahahaha. Your post made me lol. You sit...in a sophisticated manner. Queen Elizabeth style. Not like me...I'm revising for a test and not sitting straight at all. I want to sleep.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ikhlas means to purify your intention of taqarrab (closeness) to Allah, from anything that can defoul it. Ikhlas is 'amaliyah qalbiyah (deeds of the heart). So, in other words, we obey Allah for the sake of Him alone - not for the people, not for the whatever worldly benefits that we can get from the action. And the opposite of this is riya' - showing off.

I guess if you want to know whether you're ikhlas at something, you can ask yourself whether you'll be doing it in the absence of others. Clearly riya' won't work if you're alone.
Eg: Would you recite the surahs nicely, with the correct tajweed while praying alone, as if while you're leading the jamaah?

So.. Remember Allah often because it softens the heart. InshaAllah, we'll be sincere in our deeds.

إِنَّ الْمُنَافِقِينَ يُخَادِعُونَ اللَّهَ وَهُوَ خَادِعُهُمْ وَإِذَا قَامُوا إِلَى الصَّلَاةِ قَامُوا كُسَالَىٰ يُرَاءُونَ النَّاسَ وَلَا يَذْكُرُونَ اللَّهَ إِلَّا قَلِيلًا

Sahih International
Indeed, the hypocrites [think to] deceive Allah , but He is deceiving them. And when they stand for prayer, they stand lazily, showing [themselves to] the people and not remembering Allah except a little,

[Quran 4:142]

قُلْ إِنَّ صَلَاتِي وَنُسُكِي وَمَحْيَايَ وَمَمَاتِي لِلَّهِ رَبِّ الْعَالَمِينَ

Sahih International
Say, "Indeed, my prayer, my rites of sacrifice, my living and my dying are for Allah , Lord of the worlds.

[Quran 6:162]

Dua from ma'thurat:

O Allah, surely I seek refuge in you from knowingly worshipping others besides you and I seek your forgiveness for what I don’t know

Wallahualam. May Allah strengthen ourselves to be ikhlas while obeying him and protect us from the hidden shirk of riya'. Ameen :smile:
Original post by beautifulxxx
I think you can sit straight ahahahaha. Your post made me lol. You sit...in a sophisticated manner. Queen Elizabeth style. Not like me...I'm revising for a test and not sitting straight at all. I want to sleep.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha stop it :colondollar:
She's old though :erm:
I'm seriously getting sick of repeating myself over and over for these exams
Original post by beautifulxxx
Question everything you do. Constantly renew your intentions.

Posted from TSR Mobile

But not too much cuz it might fry your brain. :wink:
99 more pages to go! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Original post by Ankabout
No. The spoiler was to drive my point across in the boldest manner possible but without being overtly controversial.

Ok, that is good that you dont think of your brothers in islam in such a degrading way... And i was getting the idea that you were saying that we think with our youknowwhat :lolwut:

You should always assume the best in people yep

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ankabout
99 more pages to go! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

:woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo::woo:
Who is going to make the next thread

I think i should make it this time :yy:

I really want to be the amir

Posted from TSR Mobile
[video]https://youtu.be/P4Yjp9_c8VI[/video]
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by hex-666-triene

Posted from TSR Mobile

We usually have a vote :smile:
Original post by Biryani007
[video]https://youtu.be/P4Yjp9_c8VI[/video]

Is that your eye in that picture :lolwut:

I thought the one eye thing was an illuminati thing
Posted from TSR Mobile
You never stop Quantum...
Is that your eye in that picture :lolwut:

I thought the one eye thing was an illuminati thing
Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol it is my eye...I think it's an eye in a triangle...idk :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it should be Ash tbh

As biryani said we normally have a vote..
Salaam all :wavey:
Woah, thread is already finished
This soc is very active MashaAllah
Original post by Al-farhan
Salaam all :wavey:
Woah, thread is already finished
This soc is very active MashaAllah

WalaikumAsalaam

Indeed very active.. 99 more pages to go :woo::woo:
Walaykum asalaam

------

Sincerity towards Allah is the best type of sincerity. The Muslim is being sincere towards his Lord if he achieves sincerity in three aspects: faith and proper belief, acts of obedience, and morals and manners. Faith does not mean mere wishful thinking. The one who is sincere in his faith is the one who attains faith in the way his Lord wants from him, which includes sincerity in faith, sincerity in intention, and sincerity in fear of Allah, may He be exalted. Not every act of obedience is sincere unless it is done, both outwardly and inwardly, in a manner which Allah likes.

Allah has described the sincere in one verse, in which He says (interpretation of the meaning):

“It is not Al-Birr (piety, righteousness, and each and every act of obedience to Allaah) that you turn your faces towards east and (or) west (in prayers); but Al-Birr is (the quality of) the one who believes in Allaah, the Last Day, the Angels, the Book, the Prophets and gives his wealth, in spite of love for it, to the kinsfolk, to the orphans, and to Al-Masaakeen (the poor), and to the wayfarer, and to those who ask, and to set slaves free, performs As-Salaah (Iqaamat-as-Salaah), and gives the Zakât, and who fulfil their covenant when they make it, and who are patient in extreme poverty and ailment (disease) and at the time of fighting (during the battles).” Then Allah says, after listing all these attributes: “Such are the people of the truth and they are Al‑Muttaqoon (the pious)”

[al-Baqarah 2:177].

http://islamqa.info/en/126306
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Mary562
Walaykum asalaam

------

Sincerity towards Allah is the best type of sincerity. The Muslim is being sincere towards his Lord if he achieves sincerity in three aspects: faith and proper belief, acts of obedience, and morals and manners. Faith does not mean mere wishful thinking. The one who is sincere in his faith is the one who attains faith in the way his Lord wants from him, which includes sincerity in faith, sincerity in intention, and sincerity in fear of Allah, may He be exalted. Not every act of obedience is sincere unless it is done, both outwardly and inwardly, in a manner which Allah likes.

Allah has described the sincere in one verse, in which He says (interpretation of the meaning):

“It is not Al-Birr (piety, righteousness, and each and every act of obedience to Allaah) that you turn your faces towards east and (or) west (in prayers); but Al-Birr is (the quality of) the one who believes in Allaah, the Last Day, the Angels, the Book, the Prophets and gives his wealth, in spite of love for it, to the kinsfolk, to the orphans, and to Al-Masaakeen (the poor), and to the wayfarer, and to those who ask, and to set slaves free, performs As-Salaah (Iqaamat-as-Salaah), and gives the Zakât, and who fulfil their covenant when they make it, and who are patient in extreme poverty and ailment (disease) and at the time of fighting (during the battles).” Then Allah says, after listing all these attributes: “Such are the people of the truth and they are Al‑Muttaqoon (the pious)”

[al-Baqarah 2:177].

http://islamqa.info/en/126306

I posted the same verse. :cool:
Original post by Incredible97
I think it should be Ash tbh

As biryani said we normally have a vote..

I think it should be Ash too. Sure we'll vote when there's like 10 pages remaining. :smile:
[video="youtube;u8_WBWUrZdA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8_WBWUrZdA[/video]

Latest

Trending

Trending