Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have unconditional offers from both universities and I would like to know which university I should go to which will: Provide the best Politics and IR department, have the best student life, have the best accommodation and which will give me more chance of getting a job afterwards.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Above Average)
    I have unconditional offers from both universities and I would like to know which university I should go to which will: Provide the best Politics and IR department, have the best student life, have the best accommodation and which will give me more chance of getting a job afterwards.

Thanks.
    I doubt anyone can tell you which has the better Politics dept because they won't have experience of both unis. I did IR at UEA and was largely impressed. UEA/Norwich is probally a bit better than Kent Uni/Canterbury for nightlife- the club on campus is really popular and we have a good handful in town along with loads of pubs as well. I liked the campus ensuite accomodation at UEA- room was a good size, nice and modern- nice big desk, lots of shelving, kitchen was big too.

As for job prospects honestly the university alone won't make the difference- what will is you- what experience you get at uni and how you come across. UEA has a great careers dept who are happy to help if your lost or want to apply for a job or internship.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.