The Student Room Group

Kent or UEA for International Relations?

I have unconditional offers from both universities and I would like to know which university I should go to which will: Provide the best Politics and IR department, have the best student life, have the best accommodation and which will give me more chance of getting a job afterwards.

Thanks.
Original post by Above Average
I have unconditional offers from both universities and I would like to know which university I should go to which will: Provide the best Politics and IR department, have the best student life, have the best accommodation and which will give me more chance of getting a job afterwards.

Thanks.

I doubt anyone can tell you which has the better Politics dept because they won't have experience of both unis. I did IR at UEA and was largely impressed. UEA/Norwich is probally a bit better than Kent Uni/Canterbury for nightlife- the club on campus is really popular and we have a good handful in town along with loads of pubs as well. I liked the campus ensuite accomodation at UEA- room was a good size, nice and modern- nice big desk, lots of shelving, kitchen was big too.

As for job prospects honestly the university alone won't make the difference- what will is you- what experience you get at uni and how you come across. UEA has a great careers dept who are happy to help if your lost or want to apply for a job or internship.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending