The Student Room Group

What would a UKIP / Green Party coalition look like?

Scroll to see replies

It'd be a fun thing to see

Even though I disagree with a lot of greens policies
Original post by Simes
Exactly! I suspect they will co-exist quite neatly because their main policies don't overlap.

They don't overlap because they don't agree, it would be neater if they did because then they would agree on some points. A UKIP and Green coalition would never happen as they are complete polar opposites.
A bad dream from which you would wake up from in a cold sweat, and return to real life.
Original post by flibber
I swear putting UKIP and Greens together is like reacting sodium and chlorine?

PRSOM. :frown:

I totally agree with this, it just won't happen.
Libertarian environmentalists.
Reply 45
Original post by Simes
From the thread about the Green Party membership exceeding UKIP and now the LibDems, what if, just what if UKIP and the Green Party come out on top?

Realising this is probably the only chance they get to be in government, they form a coalition.

What would happen for the following five years?

Interesting. Very interesting
The theoretical coalition between the Greens and UKIP would have the following programme:

1) Implementation of PR to prevent a repeat of the May2015 election where millions of UKIP and Green voters were disenfranchised, as well as the recall facility for corrupt politicians.

2) A referendum on EU membership, but with the proviso from the Greens that EU legislation on the environment and workers' rights remained in British law.

3) Anti-flood measures to be implemented as a matter of priority.

4) Preservation of the Green Belt during the term of the administration

5) Decentralisation of power away from London towards the regions.

6) A policy of non-intervention in wars during the term of government, and a possible referendum on NATO membership.

7) An end to ritual slaughter

8) A freeze on income tax, the abolition of VAT, and the increase of tax upon multinational/big business with a reduction of tax on small businesses.

9) Laws to prevent the monopoly ownership of the mass media.

10) Other: NHS and education to remain as now. No cuts. Defence to be focussed upon home defence, with a territorial army recruiting drive to replace/reduce standing forces. Nuclear power and wind farms to remain during the term of government due to inability to agree a middle way. Transport policy in a stalemate except for opposition to HS2 and Heathrow Expansion.
It would not happen the two parties are polar opposites.
The Greens are
Very pro enviornment- Green this green that green the other
Pro immigration would get 300 Million plus living in the uk and have the English out numbered
Anti Rich- they would tax rich 95% if they could Jeremy Corbyn is a closet green and the greens will implode due to this
Greens are anti austerity - this is one policy i agree with.

UKIP are

Anti Immigration do not want more people in the country unless it will benefit us - I agree with this motion

UKIP want what will be best financially for the countries richest ( They are quite conservative economically) and will speed up cuts which i disagree with this motion
UKIP do not care about the environment - they care about what maximises economic growth- as long as it does not water down their targets of anti immigration

It would not work and would be a disaster it would be weaker then the cameron clegg coalition.

I am centre left economically and quite right wing on foreign policy and culture so no party represents my views
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Simes
Exactly! I suspect they will co-exist quite neatly because their main policies don't overlap.

coming from a ukipper they do, eg Immigration, and green policy. Greens want open door and more, UKIP controlled. On Green policy the greens would do everything to make us more green 'what's good for the planet is good for the economy' attitude, UKIP would scrap everything until it is viable.
polar opposites.
The Greens are
Very pro enviornment- Green this green that green the other
Pro immigration would get 300 Million plus living in the uk and have the English out numbered
Anti Rich- they would tax rich 95% if they could Jeremy Corbyn is a closet green and the greens will implode due to this
Greens are anti austerity - this is one policy i agree with.

UKIP are

Anti Immigration do not want more people in the country unless it will benefit us - I agree with this motion

UKIP want what will be best financially for the countries richest ( They are quite conservative economically) and will speed up cuts which i disagree with this motion they wouldn't cut as much as con, and their main focus is on those on the minimum wage+small businesses, if they were so pro-rich they'd want to be in the EU.
UKIP do not care about the environment - they care about what maximises economic growth- as long as it does not water down their targets of anti immigration They don't care about the green ****, but they do care about stopping immigration ruining our green land with new houses

It would not work and would be a disaster it would be weaker then the cameron clegg coalition.

I am centre left economically and quite right wing on foreign policy and culture so no party represents my views
(edited 8 years ago)

This

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending