The Student Room Group

My gf jus broke up with me, am I ready to be friends with her straight away?

Tbh it's a difficult situation I mean we was only together for around 2 months the first month was great the 2nd was rocky and I could sense that this was coming so it's been like a month of preparing for it mentally at the point when it happened I was kind of already at the point where I had been through being upset about it and was at the stage of accepting it for the rocky part she was acting quite cold and distant so I didn't even really want to be in a relationship with her because she wasn't the loving girl I feel in love with anymore.

Thing is we spoke and the convo was fine we spoke for 2hrs I asked her why was she being cold and distant does she still want to be in a relationship and then she opened up and said she feels like she rushed into it she just broke up with her ex and we got together within like a week after. It was all pretty intense very quickly her telling me she loved me after 2 weeks etc so the signs and red flags were there. We spoke it over and I agreed that she wasn't in a place to be in a serious relationship we pretty much got over the serious talk pretty quickly and spent the other hour and half laughing and catching up because we hadn't spoken properly in a while because of these unresolved issues.

Tbh I gave of the impression that it was fine n that I was over it because tbh that's how I felt I mean I was expecting it she seemed kind of taken aback because I seemed fine with it tbh I didn't do that as a tactic I honestly felt fine and glad we finally aired it out. She said in the future if things are different and shes in a better place because she said she was in a lonely place after she split with her ex we cAn maybe try again I said yeah who knows the future I ain't holding my breath or holding out on that tbh because that's a recipe for disaster. But anyway I'm seeing her tomorrow she still wants us to "see each other" but not be in a relationship I don't know what that means tbh if that means she still wants us to have sex etc but without commitment tbh I'm fine with that as long as it doesn't bother me but I'm not sure if it will tbh.

I'm seeing her tomorrow she said she wants to come see me to hang out, what should I do, should I atleast try to just see her instead of cutting her of I don't really think I need to because it's not that painful and also she hasn't done anything to me or given me a reason to hate her or anything it's pretty much jus bad timing so should I give it a shot or am I just putting myself in a position to get hurt?
None of us can really tell you whether you're ready yet, there is no reason why you can't, but it may take a bit of time.
Reply 2
You can't be friends. My girl left me and I can't just be friends with her, I either want her to come back to me again to be my lover and sexual partner or to get the **** out of my life completely, for good, and to never come back.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Icebaker
You can't be friends. My girl left me and I can't just be friends with her, I either want her to come back to me again to be my lover and sexual partner or to get the **** out of my life completely, for good, and to never come back.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're not everyone.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending