Why doesnt the QUeen just quit and give the throne to charlies. LoL. he nearly 70.

Watch
raq123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I actually respect the queen, she great but come on, charlies has been waiting for more than 50 years . he ready right?
why doesn't she just quit now, isn't,, she nearly 90 year old.
Dr Pesto
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I kind of wish we could just skip Charles so we could have a young monarch.
Academic Bruv
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Dr Pesto)
You don't get to decide
Dr Pesto
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Academic Bruv)
You don't get to decide
I do actually because I'm in the Illuminati. Now stop talking to me before I send someone to make you disappear.
SHBK
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The monarchy is fake and bull**** anyway.
Goes against most of British political values and the political stance here.
Posted from TSR Mobile
SnoochToTheBooch
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Why don't we just draw a line under it all after the queen finally kicks the bucket. They're a ****ing embarrassment in 2015. Charles seems to have been suspiciously close to Savile too.
subjunctivehistorian
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by SHBK)
The monarchy is fake and bull**** anyway.
Goes against most of British political values and the political stance here.
Posted from TSR Mobile
(Original post by SnoochToTheBooch)
Why don't we just draw a line under it all after the queen finally kicks the bucket. They're a ****ing embarrassment in 2015. Charles seems to have been suspiciously close to Savile too.
Completely agree guys. Nice to find people who share my stance... it seems pretty rare tbh haha
Hal.E.Lujah
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
She's clearly waiting to steal the title of longest reigning monarch of England from Vicky, which will officially be the case from September 11th 2015 (Unfortunate date much #Illuminaticonspiracynutters)
nulli tertius
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Dr Pesto)
There will come a point, which will come as a crushing blow to Charles, when the PM will recommend to the Queen a change in the order of succession.

The problem is that not only will we not have a young monarch soon, we will never have even a moderately young monarch.

If you look at the age of ascending the throne in the past:-

George III 21
George IV 57 (but Prince Regent from 49)
William IV 64
Victoria 18
Edward VII 59
George V 44
Edward VIII 41
George VI 40
Elizabeth II 25

Prince William is currently 32. If the Queen lives as long as her mother, Prince William will be 46 before his father comes to the throne.
scrotgrot
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
She should wait because we need to know what was in Charles' letters before he becomes king.
EllieC130
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Hal.E.Lujah)
She's clearly waiting to steal the title of longest reigning monarch of England from Vicky, which will officially be the case from September 11th 2015 (Unfortunate date much #Illuminaticonspiracynutters)
Knew I wasn't the only one to realise this!
Reue
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I expect she will handover sometime soon. Charles will then have it long enough to implement his plans of streamlining the royal family before then handing over to his son.

Agree with previous points raised; The royal family is a complete mockery of fairness and equality in this country. It should have been abolished long ago. Not a particularly nice family either.
'Ello Dave!
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I do not want a king that values homoeopathy as treatment for cancer over rigorous, clinical, scientific based trials.
Helloworld_95
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Because no one wants Charles in the throne, so we're hoping he kicks the bucket as soon after he gets it as possible.

We keep the monarchy for tourism purposes and because they can break up parliament in the event of dissonance between MPs and the people. If a monarch tried to execute any unreasonable or significant power other than that, it would be broken up in a second.
Gamba
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Because she doesn't want to let go of power and status and admit that she's getting too old for the job. Poor Charles though, by the time he's King he'll probably be at death's door.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (114)
57.58%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (22)
11.11%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (24)
12.12%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (16)
8.08%
I haven't started researching yet (11)
5.56%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (11)
5.56%

Watched Threads