The Student Room Group

should i be wearing my glasses?

So.. i think i have a -0.25 prescription. It is low but when i put them on, they help a lot. Except the way i think of it is "only put them on if you can't read anything". So basically if it is blurry but i can read it, i won't put them on. Do you think i should? is it possible doing this is making them worse? it feel like my eyesight is getting worse since november when i got them..
16 years old btw
Reply 1
Wear them when you have to strain to see and can't get closer, don't wear them all the time.
Original post by Kathy89
Wear them when you have to strain to see and can't get closer, don't wear them all the time.

Good

Posted from TSR Mobile
What did the optician say? In the past, I've been told it's fine to wear them only for things like school, reading, computer, etc.
Reply 4
how do i know if i have to strain?
this is basically what i mean, it is readable but when i put my glasses on it is clearer but i can read it so i don't see the point
the optician didn't really say anything about when to wear them. My next appointment is the following saturday so i'll ask then
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5
If you feel pressure when you read it is better to wear your glasses. If you feel more comfortable reading things from distance wearing your glasses wear them.
Reply 6
oh ok then, suppose i should wear them more. Thanks
Reply 7
Original post by DTonesXD
oh ok then, suppose i should wear them more. Thanks

Actually, the less you wear them the better.
Reply 8
Whether you wear them or no will not make your eyes any worse, they only help correct your vision when they are on your face. If you like living in a blurry world keep them off, if you want to live in a world that is in focus then keep them on.
Reply 9
hmm i see, well either way i will be seeing the optician this saturday to be retested. I defintiely have a problem and will be prescribed glasses, potentially better ones. I will ask more questions then

Quick Reply

Latest