The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PrincessAlexis
WTF.

As soon as white people see a hint of sun they start wearing shorts.

lol my thoughts exactly..
Reply 21
It depends which is shorter: your shorts or your patience.
As someone living in Scotland...yes, far too early to wear shorts. If you mean outside that is. My dad wears shorts and flip flops inside all year round or if he's just driving to the supermarket. He does get some odd looks.
Wear shorts whenever you want. The rules of fashion are there to be broken. If it's still pretty cold where you are, though, consider wearing tights underneath. If it's just a question of being appropriate socially, don't worry and go for it.
Considering that the majority of people in the uk treat a bit of snow as if it were an avalanche, you'd probably look a bit odd 😜
Whenever I see someone with shorts in February, I laugh at them inside.
It was really warm today here (SE) and I was out in the garden in a T-shirt and shorts.
Original post by Jeanlucpicard
Is it too early in the year to wear shorts?

Don't be that gu- too late. :indiff:
(edited 9 years ago)
I'm female ...
There's a particular obese guy who gets the same bus as me and he wears shorts and tshirt even in -20C. I guess the fat must keep him warm. :dontknow:

Although, OP lives in the UK so it never really gets "cold". :wink:

yes
If Geordie girls can go out on the Toon with barely anything on throughout the winter, then you should be man enough to wear shorts during a very mild February.
As long as you're comfortable and not chilly then go for it. It's only too early if it's uncomfortable.

outdoor shorts weather is 15 degrees

current weather conditions, 5 degrees.

so yes, it is.

saying that, I am about to leave the house now and I am wearing shorts.
maybe indoor you can wear em but deffo too cold for outside even though the sun was out today, its still too chilly
I know people who wear shorts all year round and work outdoors. Couldn't do it myself :tongue:
Yeah I think that it is too early to wear shorts, I have seen a couple of people wearing shorts. I would wait till the weather gets warmer before I wear my shorts
A teacher at the school where I work wears shorts most of the year round. He's originally from Zimbabwe so you could say it's in his jeans/genes.
Original post by thunder_chunky
A teacher at the school where I work wears shorts most of the year round. He's originally from Zimbabwe so you could say it's in his jeans/genes.

Zimbabwe is pretty warm so wouldn't he find the UK really cold?

Reminds me of an article I read about Somali asylum seekers ending up in places like Minnesota and finding the weather quite a shock. :laugh:
Original post by Sabertooth
Zimbabwe is pretty warm so wouldn't he find the UK really cold?

Reminds me of an article I read about Somali asylum seekers ending up in places like Minnesota and finding the weather quite a shock. :laugh:

From Somalia to Minnesoata, what a contrast. I bet their first winter was lots of fun. I don't really know how to doesn't get cold but he just cracks on. Often he wears trousers to teach but otherwise you'll sometimes see him sporting shorts. It's just his way. His style.

Latest