The Student Room Group

Psychology degree not accredited

Hi guys,

I'm currently studying an online undergraduate BSc psychology degree through RDI but it's not eligible for accreditation through the British Psychological Society. I knew that when I started and I didn't have many other choices, but I'm wondering what happens when I graduate. If I take a masters degree that is accredited, is that ok or would the BSc also need to be? I know there are conversion courses that you can take and I found this one from Derby but it seems like you should have an undergrad degree that is not in psychology:

http://www.derby.ac.uk/online/course/psychology-conversion-msc

I'm not even sure what field I'd like to go in yet as I'm only just finishing with the first year, but I'm just wondering about my options for the future. Thanks for your help
Look at the entry requirements for the course:

You will need:

60 credits in Psychology at Level 6 (undergraduate level)*

In addition, you will usually need one of the following:

An undergraduate degree with Honours (in any subject) from a UK university or equivalent overseas qualification at least a 2:2.

A Masters degree from a UK university or equivalent overseas qualification

A psychology degree which hasn’t given you Graduate Basis for Chartership at least a 2:2. [HIGHLY RELEVANT]

An undergraduate degree from an overseas institution that is equivalent to the above UK qualifications. It is also important that you have a good standard of written and spoken English.

*To gain 60 credits in Psychology, you can study our online University Certificate in Psychology, which can be completed in 12 months.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by callum_law
Look at the entry requirements for the course:

You will need:

60 credits in Psychology at Level 6 (undergraduate level)*

In addition, you will usually need one of the following:

An undergraduate degree with Honours (in any subject) from a UK university or equivalent overseas qualification at least a 2:2.

A Masters degree from a UK university or equivalent overseas qualification

A psychology degree which hasn’t given you Graduate Basis for Chartership at least a 2:2. [HIGHLY RELEVANT]

An undergraduate degree from an overseas institution that is equivalent to the above UK qualifications. It is also important that you have a good standard of written and spoken English.

*To gain 60 credits in Psychology, you can study our online University Certificate in Psychology, which can be completed in 12 months.

Thanks, it seems I would be fine then if I get at least a 2:2. I also read on the BPS website that a masters which is accredited is not enough, you must have an undergraduate degree which is accredited or have completed a conversion course. Seems I have a lot of studying ahead of me!
Reply 3
Thank you very much. I had no idea. I am now looking into online universities for psychology.

Latest