The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

shettie
I have applied to Newcastle to study agriculture and have received a conditional offer of MMM for the national diploma in animal management that I am currently studying:biggrin:

I am attending another open day on March 14th to meet staff and current students:smile:

Good luck with your course :biggrin: i hope it goes well for you. Do post and let us know how you get on with it
yourjoyismylow
Maths and English (primary/middleschool)
:biggrin:

oooo you must have a lot of patience then lol I love my sister's kids, don't get me wrong they're great...but after a while they start to bug me lol
Davey21
oooo you must have a lot of patience then lol I love my sister's kids, don't get me wrong they're great...but after a while they start to bug me lol

I love to work with children but I would never want any of my own, seriously!
Most people do not understand this opinion, but working with them and having them around as family/your own is a whole different story!
I totally understand what you mean. Kids are great, i love my sister's kids to bits, take them shopping, spend loads of money on them and stuff and play footie, all the stuff they like, but at the end of the day i can give them back to my sister lol that's the good thing about being an uncle :p:
Davey21
I totally understand what you mean. Kids are great, i love my sister's kids to bits, take them shopping, spend loads of money on them and stuff and play footie, all the stuff they like, but at the end of the day i can give them back to my sister lol that's the good thing about being an uncle :p:

Again, different. Working with children has another, or a few other dimensions to it as well :biggrin:
I am applying to do Sports Science mainly, although a couple of my applications were for Exercise Science.

I don't play any sport really, but I am interested in the biology and physiology of the Human body and I want to change my career to do something in the fitness profession (i.e. a fitness instructor).

I'm a little worried that I will be punished in my interviews for not being in great shape, but then again, I have already been made a conditional offer by Coventry and they didn't even interview me. :biggrin:

Brunel - Interview/written test today
Kingston - Pending
Herts - Pending
London Met - Conditional Offer (but not on the course I wanted)
Sheffield Hallam - Rejected
Coventry - Conditional Offer :smile:
Andy Pipkin
I am applying to do Sports Science mainly, although a couple of my applications were for Exercise Science.

I don't play any sport really, but I am interested in the biology and physiology of the Human body and I want to change my career to do something in the fitness profession (i.e. a fitness instructor).

I'm a little worried that I will be punished in my interviews for not being in great shape, but then again, I have already been made a conditional offer by Coventry and they didn't even interview me. :biggrin:

Brunel - Interview/written test today
Kingston - Pending
Herts - Pending
London Met - Conditional Offer (but not on the course I wanted)
Sheffield Hallam - Rejected
Coventry - Conditional Offer :smile:

Good luck with your other choices and interviews!
Loves Lip Gloss

Dead right. I'm loving watching my godson / nephew get better and better with his rugby and his electric guitar and it's great being with him and his siblings whenever I get the chance but I ain't the one doing the cooking / washing / mending for them. I've definitely got the easy option.
I have just been made an offer at Brunel! Only 24 hours after leaving the interview! :biggrin:
Congrats :biggrin: Well done, i'm happy for you. Good luck with your other choices, too.
Andy Pipkin
I have just been made an offer at Brunel! Only 24 hours after leaving the interview! :biggrin:
Woooohoo! Well done! :biggrin: :cheers:
Unconditional offer on my UCAS Track for Physics and Astrophysics at Sheffield, which I have just accepted :biggrin: However it is conditional on my passing some tests beforehand, if I fail I have a place on the Foundation year :smile:
Scatterheart
Unconditional offer on my UCAS Track for Physics and Astrophysics at Sheffield, which I have just accepted :biggrin: However it is conditional on my passing some tests beforehand, if I fail I have a place on the Foundation year :smile:

Well done and good luck for the test!
Scatterheart

Good luck with the test :biggrin:
Scatterheart

So if it is dependent on you passing a test beforehand, wouldn't that be classed as a conditional offer, not an unconditional one? :confused:

Congrats anyway! :biggrin:
Andy Pipkin
So if it is dependent on you passing a test beforehand, wouldn't that be classed as a conditional offer, not an unconditional one? :confused:

Congrats anyway! :biggrin:

I guess not, because the option is that Scatterheart can start with the foundation year and definite progression to the degree if he/she fails the test.

I had offers that were classed as unconditional by some universities, despite me having to pass a health and CRB check.
Other unis classified that as a conditional offer.
Well what the admissions tutor has said is that I have an unconditional offer to start the Foundation year in October, but because I have been self-teaching maths and physics, he wants me to unofficially sit the 2006 people's exams this summer some time, and if I pass them then I can go straight into the MPhys year 1.

So I was kind of expecting them to change my course code to the foundation one and give me unconditional, but he obviously has faith in me passing, eek :p:
Scatterheart
Well what the admissions tutor has said is that I have an unconditional offer to start the Foundation year in October, but because I have been self-teaching maths and physics, he wants me to unofficially sit the 2006 people's exams this summer some time, and if I pass them then I can go straight into the MPhys year 1.

So I was kind of expecting them to change my course code to the foundation one and give me unconditional, but he obviously has faith in me passing, eek :p:

So what are you still doing on here? Hit the books! :biggrin:
Hi Guys and Gals,

I'm a noobie to the forum and am looking forward to networking with you's. I have just received a unconditional offer from Anglia Ruskin University to read BSc (Hons) Biomedical Sciences....:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: . The only snag is that I first have to do their Foundation Year in Science and will automatically progress to YR1 if successful.

I got rejected from Essex and await 3 more decisions. I tried to accept the offer from ARU on UCAS, but it doesn't allow me to. Am I missing something?

I am happy though...better than nothing.... . Too bad Essex rejected me, that was my first choice.
Thanks

SK1
Reply 59
You can't accept offers until you've heard back from all the unis :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending