The Student Room Group

How can you tell when someone is insecure?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by elmosandy
Yet you're the one posting about 'if a girl does not like you, is it your fault for not being good enough? ' and ' do I have a victim mentality '?

I think tbh you shouldn't be so harsh really. Everyone is insecure about something and people have other ways of dealing with theirs.. You shouldn't think people are whiney pussies for havign whatever insecurites they have, what matters to you might not matter to someone else...

Counsellord say that too. But every time.I stop bei g harsh I become a complacent worthless omega male. The only way to success and worth is blood sweat and tears. Being subclinically paranoid helps too. I need to remain just relaxed ebough to not pu ish myself for eating sleeping etc.

Rather it is how you handle the insecurities that matters hence my self anger

Yes I was referring to myself obviously, Redpillerd have told.me to kill myself for being so beta before so I am used to attacking failured
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
Counsellord say that too. But every time.I stop bei g harsh I become a complacent worthless omega male. The only way to success and worth is blood sweat and tears. Being subclinically paranoid helps too. I need to remain just relaxed ebough to not pu ish myself for eating sleeping etc.

Rather it is how you handle the insecurities that matters hence my self anger

Yes I was referring to myself obviously, Redpillerd have told.me to kill myself for being so beta before so I am used to attacking failured

But someone could be frustrated with how you deal with yourself by posting on the internet and being a complacent worthless omega male and then also be frustrated how you deal with that by turning harsh????? So why are you attacking others for posting their insecurites on the internet when you're doing it yourself?
But someone could be frustrated with how you deal with yourself by posting on the internet and being a complacent worthless omega male and then also be frustrated how you deal with that by turning harsh????? So why are you attacking others for posting their insecurites on the internet when you're doing it yourself?

LOl you just called me a complacent worthless omega male, truth co firmed :biggrin:

Why? Because guys should learn the importance of Frame
Reply 23
Original post by De Chirico
Body language gives people away I find. There's being confident and there's pretending to be confident.

It's all too easy to identify false confidence, imo. (That's if you know what to look for, ofc.)
LOl you just called me a complacent worthless omega male, truth co firmed :biggrin:

Why? Because guys should learn the importance of Frame

But when you;re ready you post your insecurities on the internet yet tell others they;re stupid for doing, ergh I cba -_- & I just repeated your words...
Reply 25
Body language, psycholinguistic tells, need for positive affirmation if the insecurities overtake self-control.

You can tell by how people walk, too. It's not foolproof but it's totally possible.
But when you;re ready you post your insecurities on the internet yet tell others they;re stupid for doing, ergh I cba -_- & I just repeated your words...

This isn't about my hypocrisy it's about.my advising OP to practice the opposite approach
This isn't about my hypocrisy it's about.my advising OP to practice the opposite approach

Whatever man -_-
Way too many aspects of their character to list. There are so many.
Reply 29
Only way to know is if they tell you. Anything else is speculation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Two types of insecure people the ones that close in on themselves and the ones that are manipulative spiteful and often give it the old schadenfreude to make themselves feel better
Original post by tupper_ware
A lot of insecure people won't start conversations themselves and only really talk to people if someone else starts talking to them, don't like having pictures taken of them, very fussy about their appearance because they worry about how people will perceive them, afraid to embarrass themselves, sometimes they can't take compliments well.

This pretty much describes me.
Original post by tupper_ware
A lot of insecure people won't start conversations themselves and only really talk to people if someone else starts talking to them, don't like having pictures taken of them, very fussy about their appearance because they worry about how people will perceive them, afraid to embarrass themselves, sometimes they can't take compliments well.

Hahahaha that's me down to a T. :redface:
my ex hasn't contacted in 2 moths, but she's quite insecure does this mean she might just be waiting for me to contact?
Thanks for all the replies :smile:
Original post by moment of truth
Hello,

What personality traits does an insecure person have and what would you do to become more secure?

Everyone is insecure, however I think the MOST insecure people tend to be the most critical people. They belittle others to make them feel better about themselves. Learnt to accept yourself for who you are. You have your body and brain for the rest of your life, so spend time loving it instead of hating it, because your stuck in there forever. Also if you don't love yourself, you can never really love anyone else, because you, yourself, do not know the meaning of love

Quick Reply

Latest