The Student Room Group

Is 11 hours at nursery a day too much for a toddler?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by earthworm
Its the social work practice that is the problem- not sure you can you get an accredited social work degree without practice?

I was raised by 2 full time jr doctors (before the working time directive) and I have a great relationship with them.

If it is going to be a problem couldn't dad work part time? I worked 37 hrs in 4 days to get an extra day with DS, the company will have to consider his request by law. You might also be able to ask the uni if you can spread hours outside of term time. Unis can be flexible with this too.
Apologies if my post came across as brash - it's not meant as having a go or to guilt-trip the OP. More devils advocate that all avenues have been explored.

And yes, I agree, fathers too should take responsibility and make compromises. I stayed at home with my son until he was old enough for primary school. Not sure I did him any good though :tongue: lol. (kidding)
Reply 21
I have decided 11 hours is too long. I will put him in 9-2. I've done this today and yesterday and I've walked so much. I feel
Energised not tired though and it didn't take me long at all.
He has only just started nursery and has enjoyed it but never been more than 3 hours at a time.
I have to do a 100 day placement which is full time so Open University isn't an option. I took a year and a half out of uni and I can't take anymore so consider him going to nursery as better than him staying at home and me never qualifying for a job that can earn a wage that gives us a quality of life

My pregnancy was unplanned but I could never have an abortion.

He's had 17 months with me and i don't feel he will suffer ao I actually don't feel guilty at all. But do wonder what's an okay amount of Hours. I've decided 11 hours is too long but a shorter day he will be absolutely fine and enjoy it.

Thanks for all the replies.
Reply 22
I have had to leave lectures early but they are almost finished.
When I go on placement it's a 7 hour day so he will be in 8 hours for 7 months and then home with me again

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending