The Student Room Group

Nigel Farage and Muslim immigration

UKIP leader Nigel Farage has warned that there’s rising public concern about immigration partly because people believe there are some Muslims who want to form “a fifth column and kill us.”

Farage also said that race and other anti-discrimination legislation should be abolished, arguing that it was no longer needed in the United Kingdom, in an interview with former equality and human rights commissioner Trevor Phillips for Channel 4.

Farage said the emergence of British-born Islamist extremists was an “especial problem”, with some Muslim immigrants who do not want to integrate prompting wider public concern.

During the interview, the UKIP leader said:
I think perhaps one of the reasons the polls show an increasing level of concern is because people do see a fifth column living within our country, who hate us and want to kill us.

There is no previous experience, in our history, of a migrant group that fundamentally wants to change who we are.

So don’t be surprised if there isn’t a slight increase in people’s worries and concerns. You know, when you’ve got British, when you’ve got people, born and bred in Cardiff, with British passports, going out to fight for ISIS, don’t be surprised if there isn’t an uptick in concern. There has been an uptick in concern, but does it make us a prejudiced people? No.

In contrast, he said, previous waves of immigration by Huguenots, Jews and Ugandan Asians became integrated in society while often maintaining private observance of their faiths and traditions.

There is an especial problem with some of the people who’ve come here and who are of the Muslim religion who don’t want to become part of our culture. So there is no previous experience, in our history, of a migrant group that comes to Britain, that fundamentally wants to change who we are and what we are. That is, I think, above everything else, what people are really concerned about.

With UKIP polling at around 15% and immigration consistently cited as one of the top concerns of voters, the Channel 4 programme interviewed Farage to explore whether the UK’s “attempt to embrace a multi-ethnic Britain has led directly to the rise of the party”.

A YouGov poll found last week that 75% of people think immigration has been too high and only 2% think it has been too low. ComRes and ITV research last month found UKIP was more trusted than the other parties on the issue of immigration but 48% said it did not have sensible policies.

http://5pillarsuk.com/2015/03/12/some-muslims-want-to-kill-us-2/
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Raymat
What do you think of this guys? Is it just a way of getting more votes or something to be really concerned about;
http://5pillarsuk.com/2015/03/12/some-muslims-want-to-kill-us-2/

He's not really laid out any Muslim policy, just highlighted a problem.

Heck, i might actually be more likely to vote if there was a clearer Muslim policy.
Well Farage is an idiot who needs to learn how to keep his month shut. Has he never heard of the IRA? This issue is Islam, just like Republicanism was an issue. The issue in Britain isn't Muhammadanism, it is lack of Protestantism and support for the British nation state. He says us like it means something, the term us is meaningless what does it mean. People who don't use violence to support their political power?

I agree with Farage that people are perfectly justified to be concerned about Islam in Britain. However the government is no the answer.
Original post by william walker
. However the government is no the answer.

Exactly.

british people must decide who can join their identity and community.

Only ordinary everyday British people could solve the "muslim problem".
Reply 4
Original post by Raymat
Lol sorry for asking but what do you mean by that?

I see little benefit from further immigration of them. We should also stop them getting married in Pakistan and bringing them over.
Reply 5
Well if you're a Muslim, have your own health insurance, speak English and can bring a skill to Britain we need, and wish to integrate and become part of this fantastic country. There is not a Muslim problem.
Let more in. Deport/get rid of the chavs.
Original post by Raymat
Lol looking at your profile name it's not a surprise why you would say such a thing. Do you think the chavs are a threat to British society?

Absolutely yeah. I dont know a single Asian NEET.
Muslims aren't the problem it's the institutions that support radicalisation and the means to defeat them.

Do not give any taxpayers money to ANY religious cause (eg faith schools, faith groups etc)

Ban underage circumcision as child abuse.

Any non EU immigrant that can't speak English should be chucked out after an agreed upon period.
I would certainly support a blanket ban on all Wahhabi Muslims, but I don't see that happening. At least Farage is highlighting a real issue. Muslims as a whole aren't the best at integrating, though they're not the only ones. The Chinese struggle too. But you don't get that many Chinese people who hate the UK, protest about cartoons make sharia zones and defend terrorists.
Original post by Raymat
Yeh I have to agree. I'm sick and tired of poeple who come here who can't speak proper English and need interpreters. Just a waste of tax payer's money. If you want to live here, at least integrate a bit.

Foreigners should have the right to improve themselves, its not easy to learn a language and it takes time, we shouldn't criticise them on that basis. How would you be if you were in a foreign country, trying to learn (and not being genius, it takes some time) a language you are not familiar with?
Surely some people abuse of the system, but generalising is not the good answer, we should strictly separate a ''foreigner'' for a ''foreigner'', not all are bad and lots have merit and deserve respect and admiration for trying to work, gaining skills, and being part of the UK.
He doesn't really say much though what he does is certainly correct. The vast majority of people just want to put their heads in the sand and pretend we are not on a irreparable collision course and sadly the same people try to silence and shutdown any discussion of issues like this with wildly inaccurate "RACIST" shouts
Original post by tengentoppa
I would certainly support a blanket ban on all Wahhabi Muslims, but I don't see that happening. At least Farage is highlighting a real issue. Muslims as a whole aren't the best at integrating, though they're not the only ones. The Chinese struggle too. But you don't get that many Chinese people who hate the UK, protest about cartoons make sharia zones and defend terrorists.

Muslims have the right to protest about cartoons but the Charlie hebdo attack was disgusting. In the Qur'an it is a sin to draw what the prophets/God looks like so they were angry but NEVER will I condone the violence that took place within France and other countries as I am a muslim myself and I do belive in freedom of speech. Not all Muslims belive or want to follow the Sharia Law as some of us interpret it differently, I have never defended any terrorist as I said before that I do not condone violence, frankly it makes me embarrassed and absolutely disgusted seeing ISIS on the telly as I am not part of that group that call themselves muslims. (its the wrong interpretation of islam)
and not all muslims hate the UK, you could say some british people hate the UK as well
its not fair how Farage is highlighting immigration considering his wife is German, I wonder what Farage's opinion is of a british person?
as well as that it annoys me to see him say that he wants to make the NHS a national service so they can treat alcoholics like him? just some british alcohlics and some british smokers and the some british people that live off benefits because some of them cant be bothered to get a job and then complain that immigrants are stealing them when some of them just sit down all day.

AND before anyone has a go at me I don't want this to be a religious thread bashing I want replies that are mature if I have caused anyone offence then i'm sorry but immigration doesn't just have disadvantages.
Some immigrants are willing to integrate and impress us with their work ethics. :rolleyes:
Original post by rbgpwer
Foreigners should have the right to improve themselves, its not easy to learn a language and it takes time, we shouldn't criticise them on that basis. How would you be if you were in a foreign country, trying to learn (and not being genius, it takes some time) a language you are not familiar with?
Surely some people abuse of the system, but generalising is not the good answer, we should strictly separate a ''foreigner'' for a ''foreigner'', not all are bad and lots have merit and deserve respect and admiration for trying to work, gaining skills, and being part of the UK.

I wouldn't move to a foreign country unless I spoke the language
Reply 15
Original post by Raymat
Lol looking at your profile name it's not a surprise why you would say such a thing. Do you think the chavs are a threat to British society?

They are a threat to everything. They do nothing but get drunk and cause problems - Pakistani and asian families do not do this and asian kids who cause a problem in the neighbourhood can get a whipping if you tell their parents. Chav's parents would be too drunk and stupid to deal with it

Chavs lower the quality of life of 100% of the UK. It would better if they all just ****ed off somewhere far away like france or somalia.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by 4TSR
They are a threat to everything. They do nothing but get drunk and cause problems - Pakistani and asian families do not do this and asian kids who cause a problem in the neighbourhood can get a whipping if you tell their parents. Chav's parents would be too drunk and stupid to deal with it

Chavs lower the quality of life of 100% of the UK. It would better if they all just ****ed off somewhere far away like france or somalia.

So you know every single family in the UK?

I know Asian families where both sons go out everyday, smoke weed, deal heroin and crack and drink until they're paraletic every weekend.

I also know families where the kids were raised Catholic, loving home, raised just as any 'normal' teenager would be - ended up in a young offenders institute for getting in with the wrong group of people.

Chavs don't ruin the country - lack of early intervention for vulnerable children and bigots do.
Maybe if more Brits were accepting and embracing of different cultures rather than looking at them funny cause they wear different clothes and go to pray then they might not have such hostile views back towards the British people. Its not a one way thing. You cant just say 'oh Muslims you're in our country now' because you'll get resistance and cause problems. You need to embrace other cultures more openly and be more accepting. The British are pretty bad overall in accepting other cultures.
Original post by Europhile
Maybe if more Brits were accepting and embracing of different cultures rather than looking at them funny cause they wear different clothes and go to pray then they might not have such hostile views back towards the British people. Its not a one way thing. You cant just say 'oh Muslims you're in our country now' because you'll get resistance and cause problems. You need to embrace other cultures more openly and be more accepting. The British are pretty bad overall in accepting other cultures.

We're the most tolerant country in Europe. What the heck are you saying? They wouldn't be here in the first place if it weren't for us being the most liberal-minded country on the continent. We've tolerated them far too much in fact. Look at what they're doing to our country.
Original post by The Dictator
We're the most tolerant country in Europe.

No we're not. I've been across Europe and it's worse in the UK. The only difference is in the UK people keep their disgusting opinions within because of political correctness. Just because you don't say how you feel doesn't mean that feeling isn't there deep down. Its just people in the UK are more sly about it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending