The Student Room Group

TOK essay writing advice... plz help!

Hey!
I have an essay due in a couple of days and I really need help on a few things. First of all, I'm just wondering what the markscheme is for the essay- does anyone know how to get top marks on an essay? What kind of things are they looking for?:confused:

Also I'm thinkinga bout doing my essay on either topcis 2 or 3:
2) it is claimed that scientific results must be replicable. Is it possible or desirable in other Areas of Knowledge?

3) Is it an oversimplification to claim the some Ways of Knowing give us facts while others provide intrepretations?

I'm considering doing 3 and tying in 2 into it...:redface:

Any help, advice, or ANYTHIGN would be greatly appreciated. If anyone has a good/excellent past TOK essay that they have written, could you plz post it/send it to me ([email protected]) asap, as I think that would also help me understand what an essay should look like/what is expected. Thanks so much!:smile: :rolleyes:
Reply 1
I took number 4: Is it an oversimplification to claim the some Ways of Knowing give us facts while others provide intrepretations?

My focus on it was to go through the different ways of knowing in each paragraph and debated by different examples how they were fact or interpretation

It is actully a nice topic, Easy and focused, unlike Can a machine know for example.

If u do the one with scientific results, then you would also have to debate morality on some scientific issues since it his ToK. In history, an area of knowledge u must then debate on the Nazi scientific period, because it gives another aspect to your essay that sometimes replicating scientific results is not desireable.

Latest

Trending

Trending