The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by L'Evil Fish
Gonna start Monday.

Gonna do an hour a day for the week, quite excited to start.

Then start again in half term before exams :biggrin:

lying is a sin.
Original post by Helpme.
lying is a sin.

Whatever makes you feel happy inside :smile:
I've been consistently revising for 5-7 hours a day. I get into the library at 10 and leave at 6, with some breaks in between. Much progress has been made because I've been slacking behind. Onto the 2nd week....
I've not revised loads this week simply because I'm lazy, but next week I'm hoping to redo my notes and get some proper work done. Any tips for sticking to a plan?
There is no way I am going to be able to do more than 3 hours per day, let alone 10! I am working a lot through the holiday but I should have plenty of time to revise around this. I am rarely going out other than work and to the shops, however like other people have said, it is the holiday, and although exams are right around the corner, if you don't have a break you're going to be way more stressed in exams!
Original post by fbrep2012
I've been consistently revising for 5-7 hours a day. I get into the library at 10 and leave at 6, with some breaks in between. Much progress has been made because I've been slacking behind. Onto the 2nd week....

Do you go to the public library? I'm thinking of doing the same thing for next week. Do you bring a lunch with you and does it keep you focused?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 166
Does anyone have a website to watch fast and furious 7?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by moe889
Does anyone have a website to watch fast and furious 7?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol looks like you're enjoying revision :P. Try megavideo links, if that fails look for something called tumblr masterpost Google docs (just type it in it'll work).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Caspiian
Woah. How will you divide it? When do you wake up and go to sleep? 10 hours is a lot...

Posted from TSR Mobile

10 hours isn't that difficult, at uni most people will be at the library 9 am - 12 pm, including me
Original post by nurav11
Oh my days that cannot be real! :eek: what even is there to revise for that long? Do you just reread the same thing for like 5 hours or something?

Reading isn't revising. Reading notes is a great way to waste time without learning anything
Original post by langlitz
Reading isn't revising. Reading notes is a great way to waste time without learning anything

Not true.

For biology all i did was reread notes like a hundred times and i got 86/90 ums in one of dem exams fam :smug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Correct yep, active recall is the best way to revise I feel. I never really liked writing out cards etc cos it just felt so tedious. Idk, just how I revise.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 2-ethylbut-1-ene
Not true.

For biology all i did was reread notes like a hundred times and i got 86/90 ums in one of dem exams fam :smug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's because biology is easy and it's just a memory test. Good luck trying that tactic with a proper subject lol

That's Bs

If that was the case then that means I do no revision

Reading is revising
That's because biology is easy and it's just a memory test. Good luck trying that tactic with a proper subject lol

Dats true fam

I tried it with chemistry and ended up with an E in one of dem exams fam

But no worries bro. I retook that exam and got an A :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by lyricalvibe
Do you go to the public library? I'm thinking of doing the same thing for next week. Do you bring a lunch with you and does it keep you focused?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I use the public library. I'm much more productive there because at home there are too many distractions, If i was to aim to start at 10 (like i do in the library) I'd probably procrastinate until about 4, maybe 6, or maybe the next day haha. But at the library there are desks and silent study rooms where there are other students studying so I feel very motivated. There are shops and fast food restaurants round the corner so I just buy food from there during my break.
That's Bs

If that was the case then that means I do no revision

Reading is revising

I agree you can just read, it's what I did for GCSEs although some might argue that active recall is more effective, like you might have to read notes like 3 times to remember it properly, but pretend you're teaching the contents of those notes to your chair (ie active recall) and you might only have to do it twice to remember it.

Errmm...Its no different to rewriting notes.you just repeat in your head as opposed to paper.+ this way its quicker and you can make connections in your head easier.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I take it you don't do biology! Aqa biology is most definitely not easy!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Whatever makes you feel happy inside :smile:

lol you mus be a member of photographic memory gang with what you are saying

Latest