The Student Room Group

What have you done for each of your subjects?

What to do :elefant: :

1)Name your subjects.
2)Then say what you've done.
3)Say how you're feeling.

Subjects that I do:

I do Maths, Chemistry, Biology and Psychology.

Maths:

Done learning C1, C2 and S1 content, but there is like 1/2 chapters from S1 and C2 that aren't really done. I've done a few past papers for C1, but none fully (I freak out lol) and none under exam conditions.

Chemistry:

Done learning unit 1 and 2. Been doing exam questions by topic and making notes on bits I get wrong.

Biology:

Finished learning unit one and 2 sections from Unit 2.
Have 4 more sections to do (learn).
I've made voice recordings of some of my notes and when I read my notes and see something that i'm struggling to remember, i write it down on another paper called 'must learn'.

Psychology:

Haven't touched in ages, but i've made voice recordings that I never listen to anyways.
Still need to learn section B and section C of the paper.

How am I feeling?

Feel like at this stage I should be done with learning or making notes, and just banging out past papers tbh. Feeling really behind. Scared :sad:

:elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant:
(edited 9 years ago)
English Literature, Maths, Biology, History

English Literature:
I feel like I know a lot of quotes for the wider reading aspect but I need to revise more on techniques used in poetry by Carol Anne Duffy and being able to write in exam conditions.

Maths:
Very confident about this, C2 topics I struggled with before I now have no issues. S1 should be fine as the only challenging topic is probability. C1 should be fine.

Biology:
I've gone through the checklist for the specification but I've yet to go over the second unit and finish the last bit of the first. A bit dodgy here.

History:
I feel like I've done a sufficient amount of studying although there is another week for me to consolidate my information as Britain 1906-51 and Nazi Germany is very tedious with lots of memory work required. Soso.

Overall I feel like I'm on track.
Reply 2
Original post by Valyrian
English Literature, Maths, Biology, History

English Literature:
I feel like I know a lot of quotes for the wider reading aspect but I need to revise more on techniques used in poetry by Carol Anne Duffy and being able to write in exam conditions.

Maths:
Very confident about this, C2 topics I struggled with before I now have no issues. S1 should be fine as the only challenging topic is probability. C1 should be fine.

Biology:
I've gone through the checklist for the specification but I've yet to go over the second unit and finish the last bit of the first. A bit dodgy here.

History:
I feel like I've done a sufficient amount of studying although there is another week for me to consolidate my information as Britain 1906-51 and Nazi Germany is very tedious with lots of memory work required. Soso.

Overall I feel like I'm on track.

i used to hate C2 but its ok now. Probability is meh, i don't like normal distribution :sad:

for bio are you on edexcel?
unit 2 is sooooooooo ugh. too much info, cba to read tbh
Original post by Dinaa
i used to hate C2 but its ok now. Probability is meh, i don't like normal distribution :sad:for bio are you on edexcel? unit 2 is sooooooooo ugh. too much info, cba to read tbh

im doing OCR biology unfortunately but I do feel your pain as they have similar topics :smile:
m doing psychology economics and eng lit...i mainly revise for 1 hour in the morning between 7-8 before going downstairs then around 10 i do either psychology or economics then i go back downstairs at 12 and have lunch which ends roughly at 1:30.I then go back upstairs and revise until 3 and then come downstairs for a relaxation period until about 7:30 before going upstairs to bath and revise which ends at approximately 9:15/30? is that a decent amount of revision?

For psychology im doing post-it notes for my notes and reading them out loud
For economics im going through exam questions and do active revision by choosing a topic and writing down everything i know about that topic than using that to revise,i also have a checklist of some topics that I NEED to go over
For Eng Lit-im rereading the texts and poems and noting down key themes and quotes,hoping to start doing exam questions aswell in my free periods?

Is this a good plan of attack considering exams are in like a months time?

Psycho is a bit of a scare as is economics since both have two units,for psychology unit 2 is my stronger unit 2 since its still fresh in my mind
Reply 5
Biology: only read them notes and made some revision notes for unit five.

Chemistry: done a few past papers, no revision notes though.

Psychology: done revision notes and put onto cards for unit 3. Made notes for half of unit 4.

I'm feeling miserable because I know I'm going to fail this year. There's so much to do but so little time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Philosophy. Full notes on my PC for the whole lot. I read through the notes on a topic about twice, and then bash out anywhere between 3-5 essays taken from past papers, before comparing it to the mark schemes in order to identify holes in my knowledge, which then get updated in the notes.

I'm on the second 'pass' of revision now. By the middle of the month I finish it and work towards revising for what I will be tested on soonest and having more than one topic in mind at once.
Reply 7
Original post by NutE
Biology: only read them notes and made some revision notes for unit five.

Chemistry: done a few past papers, no revision notes though.

Psychology: done revision notes and put onto cards for unit 3. Made notes for half of unit 4.

I'm feeling miserable because I know I'm going to fail this year. There's so much to do but so little time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What exam board are you with on Chemistry and have you finished the course?
Reply 8
Original post by Jasonpt
What exam board are you with on Chemistry and have you finished the course?

AQA, yep we've finished. you?

Quick Reply

Latest