The Student Room Group

Where do I go?

I am currently in lower 6th, studying Maths, Computing, Moving Image Arts and Art. I am dropping maths next year and continuing on with Computing, Art and Moving Image Arts as I hope to do a degree in an area of Art.

I have always looked into animation and it has always been my dream to work with disney/ pixar but as of recent; i have began to change my mind, looking into broader Fine Arts courses.

Can you suggest anywhere that would be best to go for either Fine Art or Animation?
Thanks Very Much
Original post by GageMcAlister
I am currently in lower 6th, studying Maths, Computing, Moving Image Arts and Art. I am dropping maths next year and continuing on with Computing, Art and Moving Image Arts as I hope to do a degree in an area of Art.

I have always looked into animation and it has always been my dream to work with disney/ pixar but as of recent; i have began to change my mind, looking into broader Fine Arts courses.

Can you suggest anywhere that would be best to go for either Fine Art or Animation?
Thanks Very Much

Start with an art foundation course in order to clarify what you really want to do, build up a portfolio and make you an attractive applicant to nearly all the better art schools. You can do the course at a local college or university and you will be able to target your application for a degree much better when you have had more experience. The tutors on the course will point you in the most suitable direction for the pathway you end up taking.
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
Start with an art foundation course in order to clarify what you really want to do, build up a portfolio and make you an attractive applicant to nearly all the better art schools. You can do the course at a local college or university and you will be able to target your application for a degree much better when you have had more experience. The tutors on the course will point you in the most suitable direction for the pathway you end up taking.

Thanks for the reply! Do you know if UCAS point are awarded for foundation degrees?
Original post by GageMcAlister
Thanks for the reply! Do you know if UCAS point are awarded for foundation degrees?

It's not a foundation degree - they are something quite different. Yes, an art foundation course carries 285, 225 or 165 points depending on the grade.
https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/getting-started/entry-requirements/tariff/tariff-tables/1246
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
It's not a foundation degree - they are something quite different. Yes, an art foundation course carries 285, 225 or 165 points depending on the grade.
https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/getting-started/entry-requirements/tariff/tariff-tables/1246

Oh yes, sorry about that! Thanks very much for your help!

Quick Reply

Latest