The Student Room Group

I want to be in love

I’ve never been in a relationship before. I’ve had times where if I was into someone and know they’re into me too I sort of back off because i feel like I don’t Know what to do or how to be in a relationship or date etc

I’m getting to stage in life where yes of course I’m extremely happy being single but I wish there was someone who I can be and share life with. I’m so afraid to join dating apps because I personally find it weird jumping into a huge pool and talking to randoms and the idea of going on a “date” with a stranger is scary 😂

Honestly I feel like the only way I would feel comfortable in getting to know /date someone is if we go from friends to lovers. Funny thing is I don’t really have any boy mates. The only little fun thing going on in my life is my manager (who’s also single) where we do have our flirty moments over text but nothing gets relayed in person. I wouldn’t even know how to put it out there unless he does. I’m just tired of having crushes etc without anything ever going further. I’m someone that always likes to go with the flow, see where life takes me and who I end up meeting along the way. But I can’t do that unless I put myself out there somehow which I’m afraid of doing. The dating scene also makes me anxious because I’ve always heard weird stories and personally don’t want to waste my time going on soooo many dates till I’m made a gf (IF it even gets to that point) won’t know till I try but I physically just can’t.

Friends to lovers is my only hope 😂 but sadly I have no male friends so I feel stuck asf
Reply 1
Friends are strangers until you've met them...

What you mean is you've only paid attention to weird stories about dating, when there are so many success stories out there, too. I know far more people who have found a partner in someone who was a stranger than a friend, me included; I went on my first dates with a guy I met at work after 4 days and maybe 4 hours total of talking. Do activities where you can meet like-minded people - volunteering, sports, mentoring, hobbies - and see where it takes you.
You can't force love. Either happens or it doesn't.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending