The Student Room Group

Best ways to revise/study

What are the best, productive and efficient ways on revising highers/a levels?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Get off the internet.
Reply 2
Past papers, teaching other people what you know (even if it's just to show off), keep going at it really, memorise key words and associate them with things to help you remember
Reply 3
Original post by Kyle98

Posted from TSR Mobile

Make mind maps, but try and limit the amount of words you use on them. E.g. Give yourself a 20 word count, then with the rest of the information you need try and display it with pictures, and make sure it's colourful! But don't spend hours and hours on making the pictures a work of art as its time waste and you don't need it to look pretty, as long as you know what it is that's all that matters, and just practise your exam questions and read examiners reports!! As they can help you to figure out what's going to come up again (mainly things that haven't been done well)

hope this helps and good luck :smile:
I find past papers really helpful- do as many as possible! Posters and mind maps work for some people, and getting a friend
to test you can be good. Make sure the information sticks in your mind!
Good luck :smile:
Hi there! Not too sure how productive or efficient these are, but these are certainly a few different ways you can try!

Test out different revision strategies so try past papers, making notes, doing mind maps/spider diagrams, or making flash cards with key points on that you can then elaborate on. Which ever works best for you, adopt that. You can also make it more interesting using colours etc.to make it interesting and stand out more - which may help you remember! (What was that pink poster I did? Oh yeah, I remember!)

Flash cards are literally my favourite thing in the world. You can simply put a question on one side, with a model answer/key points on the back. That way you'll be able to learn a few key points for the answer to the question and use your previous background knowledge to expand on the question, getting you the most marks. Then once you know it all like the back of your hand it'll be easier for you to apply it to whatever exam question you get.

Try watching youtube clips/videos or listening to podcasts of other people explaining theories, points and other key information then you may remember things that way, but you can also listen to their way of explaining it, which may help it stick in your head more or even just help you understand it that little bit better! It also helps if then you have to put it into your own words. You could then even write your own notes, record yourself, then listen to yourself on the way to college/the shops/your friends house/taking the dog for a walk - whatever works for you haha.

You could even stick up post-it notes around the house with the super importany key words/info you need. I did it with my History GCSE (yeas ago now though) and stuck all the key dates around the house. You can do this so you'll see them everyday and eventually it'll just be stuck in your head!

Spoiler

There are plenty more tips on this forum if none of these appeal to you, but whatever you end up doing, I'm sure you'll do great:biggrin:!
The most effective way is to do repetitive questioning. Whether it is flashcards, past papers, copying things out from memory or something else :smile:
Original post by Kyle98

Posted from TSR Mobile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IpLPUsKfHY

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending