The Student Room Group

Worried that I might have HIV! (it's been 10 months) Please help me!

so it's been 10 months since I last had sex with my now ex-boyfriend. (We're both guys). He's been with other guys before, but It was my first experience with him Sorry for the details...

He told me he had his check up a few months ago and there was nothing wrong with him, he was negative. And I really trusted him, i mean he really loved me and had no reason to lie, plus he was the one being penetrated anyway. (And yes, I came inside him if that makes a difference.) I've read that you can develop HIV later in life and that terrifies me..

I just had a chat with a friend and realized how stupid I was.. but if my ex was honest and i know he was, and he was negative, should I be worried? Should I do a blood test? Should I be concerned? I can't sleep and this is all I'm thinking about.

Thank you for your time and thanks in advance!
Original post by Anonymous
so it's been 10 months since I last had sex with my now ex-boyfriend. (We're both guys). He's been with other guys before, but It was my first experience with him (we had sex only 3 times and I was always top; penetrating him) Sorry for the details...

He told me he had his check up a few months ago and there was nothing wrong with him, he was negative. And I really trusted him, i mean he really loved me and had no reason to lie, plus he was the one being penetrated anyway. (And yes, I came inside him if that makes a difference.) I've read that you can develop HIV later in life and that terrifies me..

I just had a chat with a friend and realized how stupid I was.. but if my ex was honest and i know he was, and he was negative, should I be worried? Should I do a blood test? Should I be concerned? I can't sleep and this is all I'm thinking about.

Thank you for your time and thanks in advance!

It's recommended that MSM (men who have sex with men) get tested every few months. Just do it to give yourself peace of mind and perhaps do some reading on HIV? Try Googling 'It Starts with Me'
Reply 2
Instead of fretting, just pop down to your local sexual health clinic and get tested! :smile: Everyone worries when they're awaiting results but it's only natural - just go get tested. It's unlikely you've contracted anything but testing's the only way to make sure.
It's unlikely that you have HIV, but just get tested anyway for peace of mind, it's the only way you can be certain whether you have it or not. :yep: Don't worry too much about it but like do something about it you know. "It Starts With Me" has excellent information. :yy: And advice- wrap it up! "Don't go in without a second skin" and all that. :smile: Good luck! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending