The Student Room Group

Do you think drugdealers are evil?

Some people think that drug dealers aren't evil considering how drugs are usually asked for, unlike something like someone being mugged.
Other people think that they are evil because of the detrimental effect they have on the users lives.

What do you think?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
No two drug dealers are the same so how can anyone answer this question?
Reply 2
Original post by XZX
No two drug dealers are the same so how can anyone answer this question?

I know what you mean but I'm talking about drug dealing as a concept. Regardless of whether or not they have killed people or if they're manipulative or whatever, do you think that the fact that they are a drug dealer makes them evil?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Drug dealers probably don't think about the consequences of what they do. To them, most likely, they just think of it as selling candy. But who knows.
Original post by ni909
Some people think that drug dealers aren't evil considering how drugs are usually asked for, unlike something like someone being mugged.
Other people think that they are evil because of the detrimental effect they have on the users lives.

What do you think?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not for dealing to adults, but the ones who specifically target young teens and other people who can't make informed decisions are. Although that is a very small minority of dealers.
Reply 5
Original post by ni909
I know what you mean but I'm talking about drug dealing as a concept. Regardless of whether or not they have killed people or if they're manipulative or whatever, do you think that the fact that they are a drug dealer makes them evil?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Again I can't answer this question without judging a specific drug dealer as there's so many variables to consider.

In general though, they're not evil. If the end user is a stupid addict with no will-power then why not let them go ahead and ruin their life, they're going to anyway.
Well there are obviously differences but as a general rule no.

As others have said dealing to children and young teens is not a good thing to do.

If it were legal and you could walk into a shop and buy something that was what it claimed to be then I wouldn't consider the shop keeper evil so I can't see any real difference when it comes to drug dealers as a general concept, there are certain evils that come through in the methods of obtaining the drugs but I personally think that has more to do with their legality than anything else.
Reply 7
lol the media/ your teachers / your parents might portray drug dealers as literally the devil but they're just people who happen to sell drugs. plenty of very normal people sell drugs.
Reply 8
Some done that for spesific reason, ex: they need money for their family's medication or so but some are also an evil
Original post by og.east
lol the media/ your teachers / your parents might portray drug dealers as literally the devil but they're just people who happen to sell drugs. plenty of very normal people sell drugs.

Yeah i completely agree with this.
I know quite a few 'drug dealers' or people who are involved in that kind of thing but I don't view them differently to other people and only judge them as normal people.
Some are, some aren't. Their evilness should be dealt with on a case by case basis.
Original post by ni909

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's like asking whether selling things in general is evil; it all depends on what is sold and what is done with the profits. A guy who sells adulterated meth knowing that it's harming his customers and a guy who takes care growing his own weed and sells it to his friends for a small profit are both technically drug dealers but I don't think you could say that each is as evil as the other.
Original post by ni909

What do you think?

Posted from TSR Mobile

If they go out of their way to make people addicted so they make money, then yes. But if for example they only sell to people who want it, then no. It's not their fault that some people are weak and can't control themselves; it's like food, it's obvious that excessive eating is unhealthy, so is the supermarket at fault for selling food to obese people?
BTW, as the people above me have stated, there are many factors, like the kind of drugs they sell; marijuana is nothing compared to cocaine. Also notice I said "obese", I KNOW that being a little overweight isn't a health issue.
I think that the actions of drug dealers have an evil effect on society in general, but that individual drug dealers are not evil.
retailers choose what they stock and have to have the capability to deal with customers; you can expect the harder and more expensive drugs to be backed up by the worst people. But the drug dealer = bad is definitely not an absolute rule
Reply 15
Original post by ni909

What do you think?

Posted from TSR Mobile

nah some are moist and wud try rob u, but majority jus wana supply and get the money
Original post by ni909

What do you think?

Posted from TSR Mobile

In my experience, no. I'm not much of a drug user myself but some of the most loyal, trustworthy, respected people I know have been dealers (or former dealers). They have the capacity to do evil things to people if you get on the wrong side of them, but if you're close to them and you find a mutual respect there they can be amongst the best type of friends you can have. :smile:
They might need it to provide for their family. Isolated cases, i know but just saying. If they're JUST drugdealing then I'd just say they're criminals rather than evil
NOOOO. Life would be much more **** without drug dealers. They put their balls on the block every day to supply the Great British Public with the stuff David Cameron knows is too good to let us just have. If no one would dare to step up and do this then a lot of people would be missing out on a lot.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ChoccyPhilly
They might need it to provide for their family. Isolated cases, i know but just saying. If they're JUST drugdealing then I'd just say they're criminals rather than evil

It's OK to mess up the lives of people because they need to provide for their family? Right....

They could actually get off their asses and get a proper job.

I do think drug dealing itself is evil, yes. I don't care if they deal to their friends or people at large - there's no excuse.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest