The Student Room Group

Abolish NHS, eradicate 'chav culture'.

I think we should lead an American-style health system. In particular, I'm thinking about the birthing system of the country. In America, it costs more than $30,000 to pay for the birth of a child, I think that should be implemented here in the UK.

My reasoning for this is that only the wealthy would be able to afford to have children (no loans are to be accepted, purely upfront payments) and the fact that the wealthy are generally better educated and more intelligent than the poorer people in the UK, especially with the rise of the 'chav culture' we are able to lower the amount of working class children being born, thus decreasing the chav culture and violence within the country and instead creating and raising children from better-off families, who will in turn have a good education and standards in order to be successful within society.

In a few generations or so, Britain will be a country full of educated people, thus a wealthier population and slowly eradicating the poor.

Scroll to see replies

:lolwut:
But with no loans to be accepted the very few will be able to afford to have a child so the birthrate dramatically decrease at an unsustainable rate. We would then be unable to provide the current pension system but I do like where you're coming from

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Isis_on_the_cake
But with no loans to be accepted the very few will be able to afford to have a child so the birthrate dramatically decrease at an unsustainable rate. We would then be unable to provide the current pension system but I do like where you're coming from
Posted from TSR Mobile

That's true, as an amateur, I have not completely figured out all of the details yet, so I welcome your criticism. In that case, loans are acceptable as long as they are paid back at a reasonable rate, prohibiting the poorest to be able to pay it back, thus unable to get a loan in the first place, however those lower-middle class and up are very much capable of paying back the loan with interest.
So, OP, is America known for its high quotient of intelligent people, and lack of 'chavs'?

Because there are lots of pretty classic American stereotypes which clash with your assumption.
Reply 5
Original post by gladders
So, OP, is America known for its high quotient of intelligent people, and lack of 'chavs'?

Because there are lots of pretty classic American stereotypes which clash with your assumption.

You've misunderstood me. Nevermind, I understand it's a difficult concept for lesser beings to grasp. I stated an 'American-Style' i.e. you have to pay for it. I didn't say we should mimic the whole system completely. As I previously stated, being an amateur, I have not go it all figured out however the system I am proposing is a far more elite and prestigious system than the US one.

For example, the loans will be paid back much quicker than what it would take the average American to pay it back as well as paying more back per month plus higher interest rates. The loans will not be attractive and therefore poorer people will be deterred from going through it.

Should any unwanted pregnancies happen, the families must find a way to pay the debts or their child should go into care. Now the care system will need a face-lift if this were to happen, which would be funded by the fees paid by other families who have had children. A better care system allows those children to be adopted out to wealthier families only, and thus have a good education which will enable them to eventually pay back into the system.
did breaking bad teach you nothing about the US Healthcare system :confused:
Reply 7
Original post by daisyfreshgirl8
did breaking bad teach you nothing about the US Healthcare system :confused:

Breaking Bad is fictional.
it was obvious sarcasm - the point is that "eradicating the poor" is morally questionable, you shouldn't feel content "eradicating" any group. It's disgusting.
Reply 9
it was obvious sarcasm - the point is that "eradicating the poor" is morally questionable, you shouldn't feel content "eradicating" any group. It's disgusting.

It is merely survival of the fittest, and it has always been that way.
Honestly your rhetoric is gross. I'm just guessing you have no moral compass. By addressing "chav-culture" you're just making yourself seem like a sheltered upper-middle class that wouldn't even be able to understand how difficult it is to be poor. You'd made a great politician :smile:)
Reply 11
Honestly your rhetoric is gross. I'm just guessing you have no moral compass. By addressing "chav-culture" you're just making yourself seem like a sheltered upper-middle class that wouldn't even be able to understand how difficult it is to be poor. You'd made a great politician :smile:)

There's no need to be insulting. Luckily for you, I have higher aspirations than to be a politician. Whilst I appreciate the time you've taken to reply to my thread, I have to disagree with your viewpoints as you have not conducted yourself in an intellectual manner, nor have you even tried to back up your thought process.
So with that, I bid you goodnight.
Reply 12
You have no idea what you are talking about. Where are you getting your numbers from? It's usually only $3,500 in USA, and that includes staying in the hospital. Besides, you would have to sterilize people for your plan to work, and abolish human rights, too....

Also, yeah 'full of educated people' - so who will be doing all the manufacturing and farming?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by stemmery
I think we should lead an American-style health system. In particular, I'm thinking about the birthing system of the country. In America, it costs more than $30,000 to pay for the birth of a child, I think that should be implemented here in the UK.

My reasoning for this is that only the wealthy would be able to afford to have children (no loans are to be accepted, purely upfront payments) and the fact that the wealthy are generally better educated and more intelligent than the poorer people in the UK, especially with the rise of the 'chav culture' we are able to lower the amount of working class children being born, thus decreasing the chav culture and violence within the country and instead creating and raising children from better-off families, who will in turn have a good education and standards in order to be successful within society.

In a few generations or so, Britain will be a country full of educated people, thus a wealthier population and slowly eradicating the poor.

I don't really agree with what you say, but in terms of your argument about people being more intelligent who are wealthy, there was a study published in the telegraph about it saying that children from wealthier families had better developed brains and were generally more intelligent than their less wealthy peers. I believe the study was based on solely state school children thus they all had the same educational background.
oooh you don't think I'm intellectual what an insult!!! so hurt!!! It seems more likely that you know what I wrote was true about yourself and couldn't think of a better reply.
4/10
Pretty obvious but you managed to get a reaction from a few

Posted from TSR Mobile
Middle-class people can't afford to have children as it is. They have 1-2 kids starting in their late thirties. And that's without any up-front fees.

Ever heard of demographic crisis? I expect you're the sort who wouldn't countenance immigrants coming in to do the work and pay the taxes necessary to support you in your old age.

The uninsured in America probably just have babies at home anyway.

The incentive to have kids among the less well off is delivered through child benefits and the promise of a council house, not free births. We need some sector of society to have kids due to the demographic crisis and the rich would much rather it was the working/underclass because they aren't a threat to their power in the same way as the middle class.

And we haven't even got into the moral implications of social cleansing, which in the real world is the kind of thing that gets you hauled up in front of a crimes against humanity tribunal.

You seem young, you'll learn sense in time.
Reply 17
Original post by Ciel.
You have no idea what you are talking about. Where are you getting your numbers from? It's usually only $3,500 in USA, and that includes staying in the hospital. Besides, you would have to sterilize people for your plan to work, and abolish human rights, too....

Also, yeah 'full of educated people' - so who will be doing all the manufacturing and farming?

While I admire your attempt, you have obviously not researched this issue enough.
"A report by Truven Health Analytics for the
New York Times found that the average total price for pregnancy as well as newborn care is about $30,000 for vaginal delivery, and $50,000 for a C-section, with insurers paying out an average of $18,329 and $27,866 respectively."

I think I've proven my point there, good sir.

There is no need for forced sterilisation, that's barbaric. I have previously explained what would happen should any unwanted pregnancies occur. Why on earth would you abolish human rights? No one is taking away anyone's rights, we are simply making it harder. There's a difference. Immigrants from poorer countries will be able to continue the traditionally working class, manual labour jobs that are needed.

Again, whilst I appreciate your input, you may have had better luck with your attempts to discredit my work if you had done further indepth research.
This has to be the most injudicious thing I have ever read.
:eyeball: :eyebrow:
Reply 19
Original post by stemmery

While I admire your attempt, you have obviously not researched this issue enough.
"A report by Truven Health Analytics for the
New York Times found that the average total price for pregnancy as well as newborn care is about $30,000 for vaginal delivery, and $50,000 for a C-section, with insurers paying out an average of $18,329 and $27,866 respectively."

I think I've proven my point there, good sir.

There is no need for forced sterilisation, that's barbaric. I have previously explained what would happen should any unwanted pregnancies occur. Why on earth would you abolish human rights? No one is taking away anyone's rights, we are simply making it harder. There's a difference. Immigrants from poorer countries will be able to continue the traditionally working class, manual labour jobs that are needed.

Again, whilst I appreciate your input, you may have had better luck with your attempts to discredit my work if you had done further indepth research.

New York Times? Really? That's your source of research? That's almost like Daily Mail, in case you didn't know. Phone up any hospital you want and you will see that you are wrong, sorry to disappoint! You clearly do not understand how human rights work do you? Pm for a good, in-depth research sources if you like ; ). Anyway, you need to learn more and grow up, then you can start to try and think how to change the world. Well, I'm out of here, I was hoping for a discussion with an intelligent person but you can't even grasp the basic principles of law so I must refuse to further engage in this conversation.

Latest

Trending

Trending