The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Black Cat
Yup, you have a large portion of those who were privately educated and from upper class backgrounds. However only a tiny minority are that ignorant to look down on others. Most are well adjusted and decent human beings.

So the rumours of London unis having "Eurotrash" who bully a lot are true even if it's just a minority? :s-smilie:

I don't mind being among wealthy people at all (my family is reasonably well off) but I don't want to be among people who look down on those who can't afford to go out every other night in London etc.
Original post by arqi786
Hi! I was just wondering which universities (in the UK) have the most Pakistani, Indian and Bengali people and that too with the lowest amount of white people?

Do universities like University College London, Kings College London and Bristol have lots of Pakistanis/Indians/Bengalis?

I'm only asking because I've never seemed to make many white friends at my previous schools (where the majority of people were white) and now I want to go to a uni where I can actually talk to people, make friends and fit in!! There's nothing wrong with lots of white people but I do feel a bit excluded, mainly because i can't exactly go to many parties, drink etc..

Is ur username ur actual name backwards by any chance?

Original post by djkilol
not sure if thats u or not in the pic butt hi :colondollar:

:puke:
Original post by djkilol
not sure if thats u or not in the pic butt hi :colondollar:

I have been staring at your profile picture speechless and in awe for the past hour or so. That deep gaze in your eyes, your perfect smile, all of your features just seem to all come together so well, almost angelical in a sense I suppose. The reason I am writing this is to let you know that I think I have found the most beautiful man to grace us with her presence on our planet, and I am of course talking about you. I know this might mean absolutely nothing to you, and you probably get many of these types of messages/posts on FB and in real life BUT please understand that I am being as genuine as ever when I say that you are the ultimate dictionary definition of perfection, and I hope that one day God can bestow me with aoman 1/2 as beautiful as you, I would be forever grateful. I hope that this message finds you well, I do not care if I get a response to this, I am just simply stating the obvious and had to let you know how I really felt.
Original post by UKIProud
So the rumours of London unis having "Eurotrash" who bully a lot are true even if it's just a minority? :s-smilie:

I don't mind being among wealthy people at all (my family is reasonably well off) but I don't want to be among people who look down on those who can't afford to go out every other night in London etc.

Sorry to disappoint but you have them everywhere not just at London universities. We refer to them as "Rahs" all you need to do is avoid those types of people. Simple.
Sorry to disappoint but you have them everywhere not just at London universities. We refer to them as "Rahs" all you need to do is avoid those types of people. Simple.

I'm aware of rahs, school has them and some call me one :lol:

I mean a specific type of wealthy person though, usually European, who has parents who make millions instead of just hundreds of thousands and therefore sends them to the best city in the UK (London).

My cousin got stuck in a flat with a lot of wealthy Italian/Spanish girls in first year and said that she got bullied/socially ostracised for not much reason at all just because she couldn't keep up with the constant partying/Instagramming etc. and was a bit less "in your face".
Reply 25
QMUL 100000000 percent
I'm aware of rahs, school has them and some call me one :lol:

I mean a specific type of wealthy person though, usually European, who has parents who make millions instead of just hundreds of thousands and therefore sends them to the best city in the UK (London).

My cousin got stuck in a flat with a lot of wealthy Italian/Spanish girls in first year and said that she got bullied/socially ostracised for not much reason at all just because she couldn't keep up with the constant partying/Instagramming etc. and was a bit less "in your face".

These are the types that go to UCL/LSE/Imperial/Kings you won't see many living in halls. They usually live in houses/flats around the area which their parents have bought them. Then you have the ones that live in halls some are stuck up and some aren't.

Anyway the girls that your cousin lived with were most likely the party type. I doubt that class had anything to do with it or their wealth they sound more bitchy than anything else.
UEL and London South Bank has lot of south Asians in my opinion
These are the types that go to UCL/LSE/Imperial/Kings you won't see many living in halls. They usually live in houses/flats around the area which their parents have bought them. Then you have the ones that live in halls some are stuck up and some aren't.

Anyway the girls that your cousin lived with were most likely the party type. I doubt that class had anything to do with it or their wealth they sound more bitchy than anything else.

Thanks, I am aiming for those unis TBH as they are prestigious. There aren't too many in halls are there? My cousin had to move as the warden wasn't doing much and they started really being bad, and it cost her a lot :s-smilie:

They were very well off apparently (we're talking stuff like being bought multiple cars by their parents etc.)
Thanks, I am aiming for those unis TBH as they are prestigious.

What do you mean by 'prestigious'?
Original post by returnmigrant
What do you mean by 'prestigious'?

More so than say Royal Holloway.
Majority? No
Bradford :d
Thanks, I am aiming for those unis TBH as they are prestigious. There aren't too many in halls are there? My cousin had to move as the warden wasn't doing much and they started really being bad, and it cost her a lot :s-smilie:

They were very well off apparently (we're talking stuff like being bought multiple cars by their parents etc.)

The thing is the more prestigious the university the more upper class/rich people you'll meet. There not such a bad bunch but you do have some odd apples, best to avoid those ones. It is unlikely that you'll be put in halls with them as there only a small minority. I wouldn't worry about it too much you can always request to move to another flat. It has to be done in the first few weeks though. I'd consider it as a last option. Good luck hope you get the grades for the uni.
The thing is the more prestigious the university the more upper class/rich people you'll meet. There not such a bad bunch but you do have some odd apples, best to avoid those ones. It is unlikely that you'll be put in halls with them as there only a small minority. I wouldn't worry about it too much you can always request to move to another flat. It has to be done in the first few weeks though. I'd consider it as a last option. Good luck hope you get the grades for the uni.

OK, thanks again :smile: Repped

What kind of people does one usually find in UoL halls out of curiosity?
Go to Queen Mary. You won't feel like you're in the UK
Reply 36
Kingston, Queen Mary, Kings College and Bath
Original post by Yua
Kingston, Queen Mary, Kings College and Bath

As in KCL? :biggrin:
Reply 38
As in KCL? :biggrin:

Oh yeah lmao not the cambridge college
Surprised nobody has mentioned SOAS?

Latest