The Student Room Group

How did everyone find the OCR B1 B2 B3 exam?

Anyone find it harder than the old papers? Do you think the grade boundaries will get lower?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It was surprisingly easy. Nothing about ADH came up.. Will probably be higher grade boundaries.
It wasn't too bad but questions like the one about the embryo were tricky
Reply 3
Original post by lukewarm 10000
It wasn't too bad but questions like the one about the embryo were tricky

Was that the 6 marker? I spoke about how one baby could be a female and the others are males (because of the SRY gene) - which I really hope is correct
Original post by spaceman11
Was that the 6 marker? I spoke about how one baby could be a female and the others are males (because of the SRY gene) - which I really hope is correct[/QUO
yup i wrote about the c baby being made from another sperm and egg
not sure
i thought it was fine, until i went on here and realised i'd wrote about completely different things to everyone else :s-smilie:
Reply 6
I think the grade boundaries will be higher (unfortunately) as the test was easier than last year's I think but who knows, I hope they're lower :biggrin:.
Reply 7
Original post by 'Chris'
I think the grade boundaries will be higher (unfortunately) as the test was easier than last year's I think but who knows, I hope they're lower :biggrin:.

I found it harder than last years
I found it similar level to the other exams. Just happy that things that I revised for actually came up.
How did you guys find the heart disease question?

I started talking about blood pressure and blood clots..:s
It was actually pretty easy. Only a few hard things.
Original post by Applezainab
How did you guys find the heart disease question?

I started talking about blood pressure and blood clots..:s

I spoke about a poor diet for half of it - fatty deposits, blood clots - stress, exercise
I found it alright. Personally I found that past paper I did when revising were easier so I'm hoping that the grade boundaries will either stay the same or go down
Original post by Matheconomics
I found it similar level to the other exams. Just happy that things that I revised for actually came up.

that was the complete opposite for me! the only thing that I didn't revise was the nitrogen cycle AND THERE WAS A 6 MARKER!I'm very surprised that there was no question on fighting off diseases with antibodies and that or about variation and evolution.
I found it easier than I expected and loved the 6 markers but I DID NOT ROUND IT to a 2 decimal place so will prob only get 1 mark :frown:
What do you think the c part of the nitrogen cycle ?!i thought it was going from the cow to the ground and thought the cow died and was deposed into ammonia etc.. But every Is saying it's nitrogen fixation
I didnt find it too bad but the first 6 mark was a bit annoying. Lotssss of people got 87.5% increase for that disease increase question, I got 700%, anyone else? Also , that the way genes affect the drugs question where it says something about enzymes, i wrote something about how genes code for proteins and enzymes are proteins and some more stuff
I got 800% but missed that it said how much did it increase so 700% would be right. Hopefully i get a mark for working out seeing as it was a 2 mark question I think.

Original post by kaykaayy
I didnt find it too bad but the first 6 mark was a bit annoying. Lotssss of people got 87.5% increase for that disease increase question, I got 700%, anyone else? Also , that the way genes affect the drugs question where it says something about enzymes, i wrote something about how genes code for proteins and enzymes are proteins and some more stuff
Reply 18
I got 87.5% and my friend was telling me about 12.5%? I hope I got it correct.
Apparently it is 700%, i wrote 800% :frown: :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending