The Student Room Group

Skills for Camp America / AmeriCamp 2016 application

Hi
I really really want to go to CA or AC next Summer in 2016 and I have been told by the camps that the applications open in August. What actual skills do the skills sections in applications actually look for? I'm worried that I will mess it up and don''t have enough varying skills. I am trained in classical singing - is that a skill? but I don't have experience of teaching singing. what other sorts of skills do they like? I've not had any other in-depth experience in activities apart from singing. I've done things like swimming and irish dancing in the past and I plan to do my LAMDA grade 6 acting exam in November as well as a lifeguard qualification and TEFL qualification in the summer holidays. I don't know if these would be of any use though?
I have experience in working with children and young people ie I've had work experience at a pre school in year 10, been an assistant in my church's sunday school for children of different ages, between 4 and 12 since year 9 (so about 5 years now) and I've also been a student helper on the National Citizen Service programme last summer in 2014, working with 15 to 17 year olds. PLEASE HELP ME WITH ANY ADVICE YOU MAY HAVE!! thank you
Original post by EvaSCM
Hi
I really really want to go to CA or AC next Summer in 2016 and I have been told by the camps that the applications open in August. What actual skills do the skills sections in applications actually look for? I'm worried that I will mess it up and don''t have enough varying skills. I am trained in classical singing - is that a skill? but I don't have experience of teaching singing. what other sorts of skills do they like? I've not had any other in-depth experience in activities apart from singing. I've done things like swimming and irish dancing in the past and I plan to do my LAMDA grade 6 acting exam in November as well as a lifeguard qualification and TEFL qualification in the summer holidays. I don't know if these would be of any use though?
I have experience in working with children and young people ie I've had work experience at a pre school in year 10, been an assistant in my church's sunday school for children of different ages, between 4 and 12 since year 9 (so about 5 years now) and I've also been a student helper on the National Citizen Service programme last summer in 2014, working with 15 to 17 year olds. PLEASE HELP ME WITH ANY ADVICE YOU MAY HAVE!! thank you

Eva

Lovely to have the thought of you coming with AmeriCamp for 2016. You can actually pre-register for 2016 by going to our home page on www.AmeriCamp.co.uk and signing up there.

Swimming is a great skill and any experience with kids is awesome.
We'd love to have you and give you some #FreeBiscuits x
Reply 2
Original post by AmeriCamp
Eva

Lovely to have the thought of you coming with AmeriCamp for 2016. You can actually pre-register for 2016 by going to our home page on www.AmeriCamp.co.uk and signing up there.

Swimming is a great skill and any experience with kids is awesome.
We'd love to have you and give you some #FreeBiscuits x

wow thank you AmeriCamp for answering! can't get a much better answer than that!
Original post by EvaSCM
wow thank you AmeriCamp for answering! can't get a much better answer than that!

Our pleasure

Have a great weekend

AmeriCamp x

Quick Reply

Latest