The Student Room Group

How many houses do you/your parents have?

Scroll to see replies

My family rents out the house we live in
but we own 0 (in the UK)
back home, my family owns a couple of mansions (but they're not worth that much in UK currency)
Original post by ScarletXxXRose
My family rents out the house we live in
but we own 0 (in the UK)
back home, my family owns a couple of mansions (but they're not worth that much in UK currency)

Where are you from?
My mum has a house in Swansea and my dad has one in Dover and the one he and my stepmum live in in India. So technically 3?
Reply 83
Original post by cambio wechsel
it is actually impossible* for a household in the UK to have an income of 14K, never mind less than that.

*I mean, formally impossible: you would have to refuse in-work benefits.

My dad is self employed if that means anything. I don't wish to speak about this any longer

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Freddy_Kruger
So apparently having 6 houses isn't normal?

How many do you guys have?

About 8. I say 8 because the 9th one only has 2 bedrooms so it hardly counts. We also own a small block of flats which we rent out to poor people.

Spoiler

Reply 85
Okay so I feel like I'm going to get a lot of hate or troll comments for this post but oh well here we go:

1 penthouse in NY
1 house in London
1 house in Oxfordshire
1 penthouse in Dubai
1 house in Dubai (this ones in Palm Jumeirah though)
1 penthouse in Singapore
1 house in Lombardy
1 apartment in Paris
1 ski home in Colorado (still in the process of finding one that mum likes so really don't have it yet, not sure if she even wants a ski home in Colorado, or one in Europe or another vacation home for her to retire to in Vermont)

We don't live in any of them though - all holiday homes and investments I suppose. We actually live in a rented penthouse in a third world country atm although I think my mum wants to purchase this too :s-smilie:
Reply 86
5 (My parent's property consists of 4 houses)
4 in london

1 in spain

5 (including 2 block of flats) in Bangladesh

Posted from TSR Mobile
My dick is 8 inches long.
Reply 89
My Parents have 4 in the UK, and like other people say we are not by anyones standards rich! Its just when my parents brought new houses to live in we never sold the other ones And instead rented them out!
I don't own a house, I'm in halls. My mum owns a house but I have no idea about my dad.
Original post by Cewhite
My Parents have 4 in the UK, and like other people say we are not by anyones standards rich! Its just when my parents brought new houses to live in we never sold the other ones And instead rented them out!

Unless these houses are in Jaywick, I'd say you're pretty rich.
(edited 8 years ago)
Parents rent 1 in the UK, and have 1 in the Caribbean.
I'll be renting one myself this Summer.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Novascope
Parents rent 1 in the UK, and have 1 in the Caribbean.
I'll be renting on myself this Summer.

You barely look 12 :awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 94
Original post by godivaontherocks
I don't own a house, I'm in halls. My mum owns a house but I have no idea about my dad.

I think what people dont understand os that they were all broughy over 17 years ago when house prices were ridiculously cheap! My Grandparents are working class immigrants so yes my parents have increased their class but we are definately not rich!
Original post by dci.james.turner
You barely look 12 :awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha tell me about it! I'm 20 this year :frown:
Original post by hilrho
Okay so I feel like I'm going to get a lot of hate or troll comments for this post but oh well here we go:

1 penthouse in NY
1 house in London
1 house in Oxfordshire
1 penthouse in Dubai
1 house in Dubai (this ones in Palm Jumeirah though)
1 penthouse in Singapore
1 house in Lombardy
1 apartment in Paris
1 ski home in Colorado (still in the process of finding one that mum likes so really don't have it yet, not sure if she even wants a ski home in Colorado, or one in Europe or another vacation home for her to retire to in Vermont)

We don't live in any of them though - all holiday homes and investments I suppose. We actually live in a rented penthouse in a third world country atm although I think my mum wants to purchase this too :s-smilie:

I love Palm Jumeirah! Would deffo live there, only been there a couple times on holiday, it's breathtaking tho. What persuaded your parents to buy in Dubai if you don't mind my asking?
My parents own 6 condominiums in Singapore, they were part of the company behind the development. All are rented out to expatriates.They also own a semi-d in Singapore which has been their house all this while, now it is rented to a consulate. They part own a highland bungalow in Malaysia with one of my uncles. Now they live in Canada, they are renting a house for now as they haven't decided if it is where they want to be.

Myself, I own the house I live in Norway, also own a semi-d near Oxford area which is lived in by my eldest and I own a summer cabin, not too far away from my main home. Used to own loads of residential properties which was rented out, got rid of all of them as I needed capital to expand my businesses.
Reply 98
I have 0 (I'm 16...)
My mother rents.
My father shares one with his wife.
2 in Ivory Coast
2 in Lebanon
1 apartment in France where my sisters live

(My parents obv)

Quick Reply

Latest