The Student Room Group

leaving / running from toxic family

hey guys, ill try keep this short, My parents are rlly rlly strict like I can't go out with friends on weekends, they have access to my bank, they have cameras all over the house to see what I do, they go thru my phone and I just don't wanna be here anymore. They won't let me move out for uni but I just rlly wanna get up and go, I have money saved up and an apartment I can go to. im just scared, does anyone have any advice
Reply 1
How old are you?

Do you have an income to sustain an independent lifestyle?
im 18 and my parents dont let me work but I do have enough money saved up to keep me stable and I could get a job after I leave
(Original post by Surnia)
How old are you?

Do you have an income to sustain an independent lifestyle?
(edited 11 months ago)
looool
Original post by Simons_World
My father was very toxic .

He would do the most outrageous farts. They stunk soo bad . I had to get out of there .
Reply 4
Original post by jayjay1222
im 18 and my parents dont let me work but I do have enough money saved up to keep me stable and I could get a job after I leave
(Original post by Surnia)

Things to think about.

You're an adult, so get your bank account solely under your control.

Is this apartment a long-term option where you don't need references or proof of income?

What is the likelihood of you getting a job, quickly, that will cover your outgoings?

What is your back-up plan if the apartment and job-hunting don't work out?
I have a separate bank account. they dont know about to have access to, my savings are there
yes it is a long term option
I am able to get a job since It is by a massive shopping centre and many places are hiring
the apartment will work out so im not worried about that
Original post by Surnia
Things to think about.

You're an adult, so get your bank account solely under your control.

Is this apartment a long-term option where you don't need references or proof of income?

What is the likelihood of you getting a job, quickly, that will cover your outgoings?

What is your back-up plan if the apartment and job-hunting don't work out?
Reply 6
Original post by jayjay1222
I have a separate bank account. they dont know about to have access to, my savings are there
yes it is a long term option
I am able to get a job since It is by a massive shopping centre and many places are hiring
the apartment will work out so im not worried about that

Do you actually know how to live on your own? Pay bills, cook, clean, budget, manage paperwork?
yup ik it all, except bills but ofc that can't be to hard but the rest I do anyway bc my parents make me

Original post by Surnia
Do you actually know how to live on your own? Pay bills, cook, clean, budget, manage paperwork?
(edited 11 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending