The Student Room Group

University applicants 2016 thread!

Scroll to see replies

Just sent off my application yesterday for History at Glasgow, Cardiff, Aberdeen, Edinburgh, and St Andrews. I'm an American applicant, so I don't have any A-levels, but SAT and AP exams.
when did you send your application? what were your predicted grades? what was the basis of the offer ?
Original post by _raveenaaaa
I'm confused and could do with some help, Leeds entry requirements say AAA - ABB, does that mean that that's the lowest offer they give or would that offer be like only a contextual offer???

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am not sure but the ABB one might be for applicants that have extenuating circumstances or go to bad-performing schools
Anyone heard anything from Leeds Trinity?
Original post by _raveenaaaa
I'm confused and could do with some help, Leeds entry requirements say AAA - ABB, does that mean that that's the lowest offer they give or would that offer be like only a contextual offer???

Posted from TSR Mobile

The lower offer is probably if you meet the Access to Leeds criteria which includes things such as coming from certain postcodes, poor performing schools, low income etc - Google "Access to leeds" - followed by which school you wish to apply to ie engineering/medicine etc
Original post by ViewOnlyMum
The lower offer is probably if you meet the Access to Leeds criteria which includes things such as coming from certain postcodes, poor performing schools, low income etc - Google "Access to leeds" - followed by which school you wish to apply to ie engineering/medicine etc

But why would they include in the 'typical offer' section? Because A2L is something completely different

UoB run Access to Birmingham, but they don't include A2B required grades in their 'typical offer' part, I know that for my course at Birmingham the typical offer is "AAA-AAB" then if you scroll down it tells you that AAA is if you don't have at least one science subject at A level, maybe there is something similar.
Got an offer from Sheffield today! AAB for CompSci:ahee::ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2567
Original post by Leechayy

Posted from TSR Mobile

well done!! I live in Sheffield it's an amazing city🏬🏯🏡 all the students I know say they never want to leave:-)
Original post by Leechayy

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow nice, I am applying for the foundation year and the grades required are ABB, I regret not just applying directly but then again I don't do maths!
Reply 2569
Original post by Twisted_Log1c
I had my adult nursing interview at Edge Hill this morning, I think it went alright apart from the maths test as I only managed to answer 8/12 of the questions in the time given :/ hopefully I still pass though as I'd hate for that to be the reason I don't get an offer, anyone else find it difficult or know anything about pass marks etc.?
Also got an interview for Manchester Uni too!

Hi, ive got my interview for adult nursing on 15th December in Edge Hill. Any tips you can give me about the interview? types of questions/scenarios asked etc.
got a conditional offer for maths bsc at kcl after 2 days sending my application :smile:
Original post by Katie Bui
got a conditional offer for maths bsc at kcl after 2 days sending my application :smile:

WOAH, congrats!! That's so good to hear. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
WOAH, congrats!! That's so good to hear. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you very much !!! I was surprise too, didnt expect the response that quick :biggrin:
But Im still waiting for Edinburgh university because i think i prefer them.
But I havent made my mind about my firm choice yet, between KCL and Edinburgh.
Do u have any idea about which one is better??
I apply both for bsc maths
Original post by Katie Bui
Thank you very much !!! I was surprise too, didnt expect the response that quick :biggrin:
But Im still waiting for Edinburgh university because i think i prefer them.
But I havent made my mind about my firm choice yet, between KCL and Edinburgh.
Do u have any idea about which one is better??
I apply both for bsc maths

According to the rankings,Edinburgh is better.
But it depends(as rankings don't matter much tbh).
Would you love living in London etc.? Look at the course modules etc.
Original post by woo32
well done!! I live in Sheffield it's an amazing city🏬🏯🏡 all the students I know say they never want to leave:-)

I know, I really loved the departmental open day (minus the fact I spilt Apple juice all over someone:colondollar::colondollar:)

Sheffield is definitely gonna be a firm or insurance:p:p
Original post by RiskVsReward
Wow nice, I am applying for the foundation year and the grades required are ABB, I regret not just applying directly but then again I don't do maths!

I was thinking of applying to the foundation year as well since my potential firm is also AAB but I don't wanna spend an extra year NOT doing uni content:o:o
I guess the maths is the only thing holding you back, wish you luck!:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Offer from Edinburgh for Business with Marketing!
Original post by iallhalocin
Offer from Edinburgh for Business with Marketing!

Are you an international/home student?
anyone want to study pharmacology????
Has anyone received an offer from imperial for biosciences yet? I'm still waiting:frown:
How competitive is civil engineering? Everyone only seems to talk about mechanical and aerospace.

And is there any chance at all of getting into a russel group uni for any engineering course with only B's and C's at AS?

The majority of my GCSE's were A* or A but i messed up last year

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending