The Student Room Group

University applicants 2016 thread!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2600
hi,
can anyone tell me if you need to put all your units for your a level subjects on UCAS???
Sent my UCAS off today. Anyone know how long any of the following universities take:
Swansea
Southampton
Middlesex
Leeds
Wolverhampton
Does anybody know how to put on UCAS if you've dropped a subject? I put my AS grade down for that subject but will they assume I'm taking it on to A2? There doesn't seem to be an option for subjects dropped..

Also, for subjects that I am continuing do I need to do put the A2 results as 'pending' or just put my AS grades down?

Thank youu!
Original post by physicalgraffiti
Does anybody know how to put on UCAS if you've dropped a subject? I put my AS grade down for that subject but will they assume I'm taking it on to A2? There doesn't seem to be an option for subjects dropped..

Also, for subjects that I am continuing do I need to do put the A2 results as 'pending' or just put my AS grades down?

Thank youu!

I think you put your A2 as pending then they can see what subject you have dropped.
Original post by moneymania999
Sent my UCAS off today. Anyone know how long any of the following universities take:
Swansea
Southampton
Middlesex
Leeds
Wolverhampton

Swansea were about 2 weeks for me if that helps:redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by larademets
Ah, congratulations on your offer :biggrin:

Thanks!
Reply 2606
Course: - Ecology

Universities:
- Liverpool
- Newcastle
- Bangor
- Manchester Met
All unconditional

GCSE grades: - 6 A*s & 4 As
AS grades (predicted/achieved):
- ACCD (Achieved)

A2 grades (predicted/achieved):
- BBC (Achieved)

And a two year apprenticeship in wildlife conservation!
Course: Graphic Design (General)
Universities: Nottingham Trent, Sheffield Hallam, Arts University Bournemouth, De Montfort and Derby.
GCSE grades: A*, A, 3 B's (Both English and Maths) and 6 C's (Have the English Baccalaureate)
BTEC Level 3 Year 1 grades (predicted/achieved): Distinction* achieved
BTEC Level 3 Year 2 grades (predicted/achieved): DDD predicted (though I'm pushing myself for higher grades)
Extra curricular: Student council member from year 9 at my school, Head Girl of my school, President of my college's Student Union and Student Governor.
Other: I love to create my own clothing outfits for comic con!

I applied on 9th December and I have no offers yet from any but it's only been 24 hours :smile:
Course: Geography (BA)
Universities: Southamptin, royal holloway, reading, plymouth, bath spa
GCSE grades: 3 A's, 7 B's, 3 C's
AS grades (predicted/achieved): ABCE (A in geography)
A2 grades (predicted/achieved): ABB
Has anyone else applied to the same universities for geography and got offers?
I have offers from plymouth and bath spa but I really want to go to southampton
Original post by physicalgraffiti

Thank youu!

Just put your as grade, and don't put anything for a2, pending means that you are doing the exam and the result is pending

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CharlotteEm1998
Course: Geography (BA)
Universities: Southamptin, royal holloway, reading, plymouth, bath spa
GCSE grades: 3 A's, 7 B's, 3 C's
AS grades (predicted/achieved): ABCE (A in geography)
A2 grades (predicted/achieved): ABB
Has anyone else applied to the same universities for geography and got offers?
I have offers from plymouth and bath spa but I really want to go to southampton

I applied for BA geography at Royal Holloway but none of the others :smile:
Which university would you choose Nottingham Trent and Demontfort as an American student . And which accommodation is the best ?
Course: Civil Engineering
Universities: Manchester, Exeter, Nottingham, Cardiff, Birmingham
GCSE grades: 1 A*, 6A's, 4B's, 2C's
AS grades (predicted/achieved): BCCC
A2 grades (predicted/achieved): AAA
Extra curricular: National Citizenship service (does that count?)
Other: Sent my application off 4 days ago expecting 5 rejections since my AS grades probably awful compared to every other engineering applicant. But Manchester gave me an offer relatively quick which surprised me. I'm glad it was them who replied first because I want to go there the most. Now I just need to meet my AAA offer.

I think I was predicted highly because all my Unit 1 and Unit 2 grades were high. The 3rd Units on the other hand....

I hate D1 and science ISA's with a burning passion.
Just received an offer for PPE at York :biggrin: Still waiting on Warwick, St Andrews and King's...
Original post by HToo
hi,
can anyone tell me if you need to put all your units for your a level subjects on UCAS???

Yeah, you need to put all of them with how much you've got in each

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PlayerBB
Yeah, you need to put all of them with how much you've got in each

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't put the units down in mine but I've still got offers so I don't think it matters too much if you don't!

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you've firmed/insurance Nottingham join this forum :smile: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3744029

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 26december
I didn't put the units down in mine but I've still got offers so I don't think it matters too much if you don't!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh, congrats on your offers and yeah seems they don't matter that much

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PlayerBB
Oh, congrats on your offers and yeah seems they don't matter that much

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks. I meant to only put offeR as I've only received one but I did only send my application off of Monday so hopefully I'll get more :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending