The Student Room Group
The Quad, Middlesex University
Middlesex University
London

Interruption of studies advice

I am currently finishing up my 2nd year. I want to take a year off and then resume my 3rd year when I come back.

Reading up about interruption of studies it seems that I have to have a very good reason for the uni to let me go travel for a year.

My possible reasons for interruption:
1. I don't want to be in a long distance for a year and want to spend time in China.
2. I want to take a year off to practice and consolidate everything I have learnt.
3. I am suffering from depression from some personal issues and would like to take some time off to work on that.

From my uni's website:

accepts that from time to time students will encounter exceptional circumstances that inhibit their best chances of completing their course. This policy aims to ensure a fair balance between the: protection of a student’s right to interrupt their studies on a course due to personal, medical or other similar reasons, with the stable operations of the school and its obligations to its entire student body.

will not accept a student’s request to interrupt their studies for reasons other than those that are beyond a student’s reasonable control, such as matters of serious personal ill health or an extended tour as a working musician.

Any advice? I really just want to take a year out

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending