The Student Room Group

Pharmacy Applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Hi I'm hoping to send my application for Pharmacy at the beginning of November but I see that a few have already done so I'm getting worried. My GCSE grades were 6A* 5A, AS - Biology (A), Mathematics (A), Chemistry (C) and Health and Social Care (A) but dropping the latter. My predicted grades are A*A* and A/B in Chemistry.
I am applying for:
1.Cardiff
2.Manchester
3.Liverpool John Moores
4.Durham
5.Unsure
do you think AABb will be enough for ucl and also I've heard sometimes they don't do interviews is that correct?
Anyone applying for the foundation year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NewestPharm
Anyone applying for the foundation year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm applying for foundation year at Manchester
Original post by greenmath
I'm applying for foundation year at Manchester

What a levels do you study? And do you have an offer yet ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NewestPharm
What a levels do you study? And do you have an offer yet ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Biology, chemistry, maths but my predicted/AS grades aren't good enough for most standard pharmacy courses. No offer yet as my ucas still hasn't been sent off by college! What about you?
Hi,

I applied for Birmingham, Nottingham, Bath, Keele and UEA- sent the application off 2 days ago.
I have got interviews at Bath and UEA so far so was just wondering if anyone has any tips- what to expect/ what to do to prepare?

Also, has anyone had an interview invite from Birmingham, Keele or Nottingham yet?
Original post by dizzynutter
Hi,

I applied for Birmingham, Nottingham, Bath, Keele and UEA- sent the application off 2 days ago.
I have got interviews at Bath and UEA so far so was just wondering if anyone has any tips- what to expect/ what to do to prepare?

Also, has anyone had an interview invite from Birmingham, Keele or Nottingham yet?

Ive applied to the same as you except Sussex instead of Keele!! I haven't heard from Birmingham or Nottingham yet either :frown: should hear from then within the next week or so hopefully because I applied on the 8th October.....

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have applied to Medway School of pharmacy and sent off my application 8th October and got the confirmation email from them that they have received my application 2 days later and will get in contact with me soon but nothing else since then just wandering has anyone received interview offers or anything else from Medway school of pharmacy yet? thanks!
(edited 8 years ago)
I'm still waiting for my school to send off my application & reference which is so annoying as I already paid and sent ages ago.
I'm appying to: Nottingham, Cardiff, UEA, Bath, Birmingham
Predicted A*AB and got AABBC at AS.
Scared for the interviews :frown:
Original post by hollygc123
Ive applied to the same as you except Sussex instead of Keele!! I haven't heard from Birmingham or Nottingham yet either :frown: should hear from then within the next week or so hopefully because I applied on the 8th October.....

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hopefully they just take longer deciding who they want to interview then :smile: Have you heard from they others then?
Original post by sam2394
Hi!

I'm a fourth year at UEA studying pharmacy. Any queries about the applications or the course feel free to ask me!

Hope exams went well for everyone!

Hi,
I've got an interview at UEA for Pharmacy in a few weeks, so do you have any tips? Also, what teaching style is used?

I have an interview at Bath very soon. any advice? Ive heard it is quite informal, but im worried about the questions they're gonna ask me
Original post by Idontknow.
I have an interview at Bath very soon. any advice? Ive heard it is quite informal, but im worried about the questions they're gonna ask me

It's very informal, last year some guy turned up in jeans but I wouldn't recommend doing that because everyone will be dressed formally. The questions are basically about your life so if you work behind a bar or something they'll ask you how you're finding that and so on. Easiest interview I had last year anyway. Good luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Applied 2 days ago for MPharm 2016 entry:
Aston Uni - no response or acknowledgement, my first choice sigh
Birmingham Uni - acknowledgement, shall know "soon"
Nottingham Uni - acknowledgement, shall know "soon"
DMU - interview
Reading - interview

I JUST WANT TO GO TO ASTON OR BIRMINGHAM SO MUCH AND THE ANXIETY IS KILLINNG ME
Original post by lalalaaala
Applied 2 days ago for MPharm 2016 entry:
Aston Uni - no response or acknowledgement, my first choice sigh
Birmingham Uni - acknowledgement, shall know "soon"
Nottingham Uni - acknowledgement, shall know "soon"
DMU - interview
Reading - interview

I JUST WANT TO GO TO ASTON OR BIRMINGHAM SO MUCH AND THE ANXIETY IS KILLINNG ME

I'm applying to Aston, DMU and Reading too.If you don't mind me asking, what did you get in AS and what are your predicted grades?
So annoyed that I submitted my UCAS 2 weeks ago but because my AS History teacher hasn't even started my reference yet it can't be sent off. Won't be sent off until we go back after half term - even then no guarantee that the reference will have even been completed! :frown:
Just got an offer from Kings for Pharmacy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Absolutely over the moon!!!! :smile:
Original post by Biologymad4
Just got an offer from Kings for Pharmacy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Absolutely over the moon!!!! :smile:

congrats!! what are your AS and predicted grades? :smile:
Original post by greenmath
congrats!! what are your AS and predicted grades? :smile:

Thankyou!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending