The Student Room Group

17 and leaving the country

I'm 17 in a few months and getting a car and was just curious if it's ok for me and a couple of mates to drive to the Netherlands. Would there be no problems with the border control and etc?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Reply 2
I dont have an idea tbh. You might need a holiday visa or somthing. Bring your passport as well . .
Reply 4
Original post by Kholmes1
I dont have an idea tbh. You might need a holiday visa or somthing. Bring your passport as well . .

A holiday visa to visit a European country when I'm European myself? lmao

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by frostyy
A holiday visa to visit a European country when I'm European myself? lmao

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh right sorry then. No you dont. I dont rhink you really need anything.
you d all need passports to cross the border but otherwise nothing to worry about
I used to live in Holland we drove to the UK all the time when I was a kid, just needed a passport. The driving age in NL is 18 though so I'm not sure if you'll be able to drive around there even if your license is valid here, but it's not something I've ever tried so not too sure. Getting in and out of the country though shouldn't be an issue
Reply 8
I know for sure that a British driving licence is valid across all of Europe (same with any other countries).
Then you definitely won't have any problem! Doubt things have changed drastically since I did it, should be smooth sailing
Reply 10
Original post by alexschmalex
Then you definitely won't have any problem! Doubt things have changed drastically since I did it, should be smooth sailing

Would rep, but can't do it from a phone:hmmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12

To hire, not to drive in your own car that you're legally allowed to own.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by frostyy
To hire, not to drive in your own car that you're legally allowed to own.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The driving licence requirements when on the roads in the Netherlands are that you must hold a valid licence from your country of residence and be at least 18 years old.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending