The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
piginapoke
In most cases just shutting up is a lot better than babbling. Its easier to look cool that way.

That's my problem, i can't shut up, even when I am with friends I talk way too much. I also tend to overanylise things, which really annoys a lot of people.
Reply 21
chats
why not?!

There are several reasons:

1) The girl might already have a boyfriend/husband
2) Some girls have very high standards
3) Some girls have a "type" and only date within that type
4) You can say or do things that'll please a girl.. but she won't be attained unless she likes your looks and personality.
Reply 22
wiwarin_mir
Why does it seem that whenever a meet a girl I really like and have loads on common with, she either doesn't like me at all, or is just in a very akward place.

maybe your too odd, too ugly, not very interesting, obsessed with the girl in question....whatever! i dunno....but i reckon...even if you were none of these things, it doesnt mean that all girls are gonna wanna jump into bed with you. women are complicated things my friend - i direct you to my thread entitled women are (insert expletive here) or something of that sort.....

adn just reading down here...and judging from what you've said in the past (or at least that whole thing with im leaving and then not leaving or whatever it was)...im thinking that maybe you are a little odd, and thus should find someone on the same kinda wavelength......who knows....
Reply 23
F. Poste
There are several reasons:

1) The girl might already have a boyfriend/husband
2) Some girls have very high standards
3) Some girls have a "type" and only date within that type
4) You can say or do things that'll please a girl.. but she won't be attained unless she likes your looks and personality.

oh yeh i forgot those, ive never had problems though :tongue:
Reply 24
piginapoke
So do I, and it did used to irritate people, but now I can somehow make interesting observations, or add humour, so its actually entertaining rather than annoying. I don't know how that came about though :confused:

you have had a taste of my humour once or twice, you know that my humour is not appreciated by most people and I tend to make observations that are interesting to me, but to no-one else.
Reply 25
wiwarin_mir
you have had a taste of my humour once or twice, you know that my humour is not appreciated by most people and I tend to make observations that are interesting to me, but to no-one else.

you know if you've realised that...well...why dont you stop doing it in conversation......and stop trying to be funny aswell if it doesnt go down well....try another tactic.

Having just read your geek society thing - thats the reason girls dont like you.
Reply 26
piginapoke
But you must know what other people find interesting or funny?

I try, but even when I do find things that the other people are interested in, I usually go into too much depth or take something too far.
wiwarin_mir
I try, but even when I do find things that the other people are interested in, I usually go into too much depth or take something too far.

One funny comment is usually enough. Stop while you're ahead, don't kill the joke.
Reply 28
piginapoke
Then from experience you should have learned when you're taking things too far, and not to do it next time?

I really cannot help it, I seem to do it unconciously.
Reply 29
XTinaA
One funny comment is usually enough. Stop while you're ahead, don't kill the joke.

I don't just kill a joke, I cremate it and scatter it's ashes.
Reply 30
Is there a society or group for people with autism? You might meet a girl there who understands and experiences the same things as you, and won't find them weird :smile:
Reply 31
piginapoke
Surely all it'll take is a moment's thought before you speak?

I usually cannot think before I speak, as I usually end planning what I will say and then completely messing it up.
wiwarin_mir

Well then DON'T!

Try just thinking to yourself "well I made them laugh, I'm done". Don't just give up before you try, think of the reward that you'd be getting for kicking the habit.
mobbdeeprob
Courting were you Sir Peel?

why yes good man - i am an enterprising fellow of sorts !
Reply 34
F. Poste
Is there a society or group for people with autism? You might meet a girl there who understands and experiences the same things as you, and won't find them weird :smile:

If I met an autistic girl, it is very likely she wouldn't want a relationship, that is the problem, girls who understand me, those with autism, are too withdrawn to ever have any kind of relationship with me.
Reply 35
wiwarin_mir

lol, my friend was known as 'john the jokekiller' he should of been taken to court for the amount of jokes he murdered! he still done ok with girls. i think if u can get over that shyness then you'll be ok
whenever i talk to people i dont know i stutter, mumble and create awkward silences
Reply 37
XTinaA
Well then DON'T!

Try just thinking to yourself "well I made them laugh, I'm done". Don't just give up before you try, think of the reward that you'd be getting for kicking the habit.

If I don't at least try to be funny, people will think I am too serious and get put off.
Reply 38
Sami_ThePeelite
whenever i talk to people i dont know i stutter, mumble and create awkward silences

I do have a very slight stammer, but that's not the real problem, I am extremally well spoken, so it can put girls off me.
Reply 39
wiwarin_mir
If I don't at least try to be funny, people will think I am too serious and get put off.

YOU don't have to be funny- just smiling and laughing at other people's jokes will make them feel good.

Latest

Trending

Trending