The Student Room Group

Tall girls, are you more attraacted to very tall guys?

And all girls, do you like taller guys, or do you sometimes like the guy to be shorter?
Or do you like to be kind of bigger than the guy? I know that's rare but I'm wondering if some women like being taller and feeling more powerful.
Personally, I'm 6"4, so although you do get some big dudes like 6"6 / 6"7 who will walk past you sometimes, I am nearly always taller than people when I walk around. I don't really notice how much taller I am than women, until there's a really tall girl.
I noticed that beyond general physical type, I find tall girls much more attractive. It's so refrsshing to have someone who seems like they compete with you, in fact girl's who are like 6"0 and over are clearly taller on the female spectrum than I am on the male. Because for a taller guy it's s rare to meet a woman who is taller amongst women than you are amongst men, it's a big turn on and makes her seem different to other women. Like a conquest. But as we are both quite rarely tall, and most guys will be looking up to her, or quite short beside her, I suppose I kind of expect that as we are both height rarities, like I might get more reciprocal looks from them, or they might be more open to me because a guy who's tall enough is rare for them.
However this doesn't happen. Maybe women are picky or not that friendly in general, but I would have thought with this phenomenon they might be a bit more open to you.

One thing I think it may be is that I am pretty skinny and not big built, so they'd rather go for a guy who was shorter but had a big torso and was muscly, than a skinnier tall guy.

But anyway, what are a tall, and all girls opinions on the height dynamic in attraction for you?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Personally, I'm average height, and tall guys 5ft 9- 6ft 5, are very attractive :smile:
I'm 5'8 so i'm often taller/same height as guys i meet but it's also fairly easy for me to find guys who are taller. But when I see someone who is say 6'4 like yourself, i am almost automatically attracted lol. Because i guess a lot of girls like the feeling that a guy could be your bodyguard and you feel safe in his presence. But then again i know girls who are taller than me who date shorter guys but it's not really because of height, it's a personality thing and just overall attraction. So its not like people pair up because of height, even if thats what they are ideally looking for. i guess girls just like the feeling of being petite but its not the main thing that they want unless theyre insecure or something.

whats weird is that i often get attention from guys who are shorter than me but i'm rarely interested. i did once like a guy who was shorter than me though. i think most of the time i'm attracted to guys who are somewhat taller so that if i wear heels i'm the same height as them. it's just because it's quite rare to meet really tall guys and when i do i might not be attracted to their personality. i think it's just a percentage issue, you just meet more average height people :biggrin:
If the face isn't there .. most times height will do nothing
I'm a girl and I'm 6'1 so I feel more comfortable if a guy is taller than me and so I generally find them more attractive.
I'm 5"6 - so not that tall, but I quite like guys around 6"/6"1
So I imagine taller girls (around 5"9/5"10 will like guys around 6"4/6"5)
But tbh, height is not a huge importance - like the person above me said - if the face isnt there then it doesnt matter. Also you gotta have a good personality before I would judge height
Original post by gracemay_
I'm a girl and I'm 6'1 so I feel more comfortable if a guy is taller than me and so I generally find them more attractive.

Lovely to meet you. To be totally honest I'd love to date a woman of your stature. I know you're still three inches shorter than me, but it's relative I think. It's just so much more sexy.

Sorry if that is a bit blunt.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Grungegurgle
I'm 5'8 so i'm often taller/same height as guys i meet but it's also fairly easy for me to find guys who are taller. But when I see someone who is say 6'4 like yourself, i am almost automatically attracted lol. Because i guess a lot of girls like the feeling that a guy could be your bodyguard and you feel safe in his presence. But then again i know girls who are taller than me who date shorter guys but it's not really because of height, it's a personality thing and just overall attraction. So its not like people pair up because of height, even if thats what they are ideally looking for. i guess girls just like the feeling of being petite but its not the main thing that they want unless theyre insecure or something.

whats weird is that i often get attention from guys who are shorter than me but i'm rarely interested. i did once like a guy who was shorter than me though. i think most of the time i'm attracted to guys who are somewhat taller so that if i wear heels i'm the same height as them. it's just because it's quite rare to meet really tall guys and when i do i might not be attracted to their personality. i think it's just a percentage issue, you just meet more average height people :biggrin:

We both like The Smiths too.:wink:
Reply 8
I'm 5'9" and find men taller than me more attractive, generally.
I don't mind that much though :redface:

Personality/Manners > Face > Height.
Original post by SaucissonSecCy
We both like The Smiths too.:wink:

lol, marry me?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending