The Student Room Group

Gdl part time distance learning at University of Huddersfield

I will start my 2 years distance learning GDL course in September. Anyone else?

Get in touch.

Thanks.
Taz
Reply 1
I was wanting to apply for this course but i'm not sure now. Some people have said to try find a law firm that is willing to give you a training contract and will fund both the GDL and LPC
Reply 2
I got the same advise as well. But I didn't want to waste my time waiting for a training contract and besides this is the cheapest of all uni I applied to and is offering instalments facilities. So hopefully during the two years of the course I will eventually get that training contract. :smile:
Reply 3
Hi,
want instalment facilities are there please? I'm thinking of doing it but I can't make up my mind. I may have to take a year out before doing in september 2016 just so i'm fully sure. it is incredibly competitive in the legal field so i do worry
Reply 4
Four instalments. First one in Sep (before enrolment), then Oct then Nov and finally Jan. I do understand your point and agree with it.
Please let me know if you need further info. Happy to help.
Reply 5
Hi sorry for the influx of questions. To my understanding (please correct me if i am wrong) the course costs £5800 and if your are doing the course over two years, the cost is split. I think she around £2 grand odd in the first year and another two grand in the second year. Do you mean that within both years one and two theres installment options? So eg. year 1 total cost is £2500 so monthly installments september november and january and year 2 total cost £2500 monthly installments september november january? Sorry for being irritating lol! Did you have any previous experience etc of law before you decided to do the course?
thanks for the help :smile:
Reply 6
It's ok.lol. Yes that's how the instalments will work out. It 2900 first year then 2650 second year. I studied 3 modules of law ( which also form part of the GDL) at the undergraduate level and this has inspired me to do the law conversion course.

No worries. Happy to help.
Reply 7
Hey Taz did you start the GDL at Huddersfield this year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
I am doing it, was wondering if we could somehow form a study group together whether it's via what's app as it's quite intense.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending