The Student Room Group

Grades

All th best teachers in my school are leaving, and i have to go through year 11 next year without them which seems impossible. They helped/supported me pull up my grades from low D's to A's and B's, i feel like i'm gonna start slipping big time if i have to adapt to new teaching from different teachers.
Original post by munnaa
All th best teachers in my school are leaving, and i have to go through year 11 next year without them which seems impossible. They helped/supported me pull up my grades from low D's to A's and B's, i feel like i'm gonna start slipping big time if i have to adapt to new teaching from different teachers.

Trust me Gcses are not that difficult - this is not me trying to sound condescending or arrogant but for most gcses all it its memory recalling , understanding the mark schemes and doing past papers.

You should not be worried about slipping you have made a huge amount of progress which you should be proud of and is a testament to your hard work

You should continuing doing what helped you improve this year. Also make sure you look over your past papers and markschemes understand why you got a question wrong ,do similar types of questions again and practise until you can not get it wrong and also focus on things like SPAG which is often overlooked but important in subjects such as GCSE English.

Most importantly work hard but work smart - Make sure you understand how GCSES are graded , analyse mark schemes and find out what examiners are looking for and implement this in your work. You clearly shown your potential aim high what about 12 A* - "You can never achive greatness if you do not have the courage the work ethic and the vison" - Pure Class
Same thing happened at our school. A lot of science teachers and humanities teachers left but in my case a few excellent teachers filled their places.

My advice is to invest in some really good revision guides for the sciences which can teach you the whole specification (for edexcel GCSEs i'd highly recommend the Pearson guides although I'm aware many love CGP guides)

For the essay based subjects like english there are some fantastic resources on youtube i.e. MrBruff that does in depth step-by-step material for you to follow.

However give your new teachers a chance, they're probably more qualified than you'd initially think :P Remember it's how motivated the student is themselves rather than the teachers that nets good results although having motivating teachers is always a plus!
I'm gonna start looking at mark schemes more now, and omg 12 A*? That seems impossibleI don't understand when they say ''read with insight'' in English mark schemes, they're never specific, i find it quiet difficult to read between the lines. Is there like a specific way you do it or does it just come to your brain?
Original post by cheesedrew
Same thing happened at our school. A lot of science teachers and humanities teachers left but in my case a few excellent teachers filled their places.

My advice is to invest in some really good revision guides for the sciences which can teach you the whole specification (for edexcel GCSEs i'd highly recommend the Pearson guides although I'm aware many love CGP guides)

For the essay based subjects like english there are some fantastic resources on youtube i.e. MrBruff that does in depth step-by-step material for you to follow.

However give your new teachers a chance, they're probably more qualified than you'd initially think :P Remember it's how motivated the student is themselves rather than the teachers that nets good results although having motivating teachers is always a plus!

Im gonna check out MrBruff (thank you) and hopefully we get better teachers!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending