The Student Room Group

Should I have done Duke of Edinburgh?

Duke of Edinburgh was never really pushed at my school and so I didn't do it, but I'm worried now that it may prevent me from attending the university of my choice when I have to decide on such things. Will it? Thanks you!
Hi,

I have done Bronze, Silver and Gold and I must say for my own benefit it has been one of the greatest experiences so far in my life. You shouldn't do it just for enhancing your uni application. Furthermore, there are so many other things that would help your uni application such as work experience, any responsibilities and volunteering. Plus when it comes down to it, the grades matter. I had 3 rejections because my grades didn't meet the standard but it was one grade below. So Duke of Edinburgh will not determine whether you will be attending uni or not. Unis look at a whole range of things.
Reply 2
Original post by Kattah96
Hi,

I have done Bronze, Silver and Gold and I must say for my own benefit it has been one of the greatest experiences so far in my life. You shouldn't do it just for enhancing your uni application. Furthermore, there are so many other things that would help your uni application such as work experience, any responsibilities and volunteering. Plus when it comes down to it, the grades matter. I had 3 rejections because my grades didn't meet the standard but it was one grade below. So Duke of Edinburgh will not determine whether you will be attending uni or not. Unis look at a whole range of things.

Thank you so much for replying! This has really set my mind at rest. Thanks again😋
Original post by Beth-Annie
Thank you so much for replying! This has really set my mind at rest. Thanks again😋

No problem. Don't Worry I am sure you are a great candidate regardless.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending