The Student Room Group

Duke of Edinburgh physical - walking

I've chosen to do walks for my physical section of the Duke of Edinburgh,
How often do I have to do a walk over the span of 3 months?
And how long does each walk have to be to be accepted?
I plan on doing some long walks on the mountains, but would it be ok to just do a quick 30 minute walk along the beach for example? And how regular should I be doing it?
Reply 1
All this information should be in your DofE portal or from your co-ordinator. But from what I recall, you have to do your chosen activity once a week for an hour, and you have to have some way of measuring what you've achieved. So just "going for walks" to tick a box isn't what it's about, you need to set yourself a goal. I think you should check with your co-ordinator as this sounds too similar to the expedition section really. Running would be better, easier to show that you have "improved" at it.
Reply 2
Original post by Artjen
All this information should be in your DofE portal or from your co-ordinator. But from what I recall, you have to do your chosen activity once a week for an hour, and you have to have some way of measuring what you've achieved. So just "going for walks" to tick a box isn't what it's about, you need to set yourself a goal. I think you should check with your co-ordinator as this sounds too similar to the expedition section really. Running would be better, easier to show that you have "improved" at it.

I could increase the difficulty of the walks perhaps to show improvement? I'll go over it with my school's organiser of DofE but I can't right now because he's still learning it himself apparently 😭

Quick Reply

Latest