The Student Room Group

Clearing 2015

//
(edited 8 years ago)
The ones on ucas should be in clearing however if the uni doesn't notify ucas that often then they may be full but not updated ucas on that yet.
You paid UCAS £20 for a laugh to see if you'd be able to get offers?
Original post by MoonmanKKK
You paid UCAS £20 for a laugh to see if you'd be able to get offers?

I don't know how you got that from what I wrote.

I haven't paid anything yet since I haven't submitted my application, also it's not a 'laugh' it's my future and my original intention was to apply for 2016 anyway but if can begin a year early then why not? Also, I'm 25 and working and earning my own money so £20 for the possibility of starting my degree a year sooner is hardly a big concern for me.
Original post by claireestelle
The ones on ucas should be in clearing however if the uni doesn't notify ucas that often then they may be full but not updated ucas on that yet.

I see - thank you :smile:.
Reply 5
Original post by somethingbeautiful
Hi everyone,

I haven't made a 2015 application to university since by the time I realized I would be applying the deadlines had passed. Anyway, I heard on the news that a lot of unis were in clearing this year so I thought I may as way put in an application and see if I can get a place. I looked here: http://search.ucas.com/
and ticked the 'clearing 2015' option and searched the course I want to do.

It came up with a list of unis so I emailed my preferred uni and asked them if I was eligible (I already have my A-levels/GCSEs and a previous degree). They said yes - I meet the criteria but that they're not in clearing and I'd have to check back on A-Level results day to see if they have places.

Can someone explain this to me? What do the results of the search function on UCAS mean when you check the 'clearing 2015' box - are those courses not actually in clearing?

The course is actually in clearing but clearing does not officially start until results day. Opening it sooner would be unfair to those students who missed the mark and didn't make it into their unis on their original application because by that time some students like yourself will have snatched up those precious few spaces before they have had fair chance :smile:
Half of the universities I called up for my course said that they weren't even in UCAS Clearing for BSc Physiotherapy.
Reply 7
Oh I see, so they're basically waiting until everyone's in the starting blocks and ready to sprint - so to speak. It just seems odd that the uni told me that they're not in clearing. They could have said they are in clearing but that I can't apply until A-Level results day, rather than they're not and I'll have to check back on A-Level results day.

I dunno dude, I went through clearing a few years ago and I got offered a place before A level results day. (I did the IB so my results day was a month or so earlier.) Have you tried calling and seeing what they say?
Hi everyone,

I haven't made a 2015 application to university since by the time I realized I would be applying the deadlines had passed. Anyway, I heard on the news that a lot of unis were in clearing this year so I thought I may as way put in an application and see if I can get a place. I looked here: http://search.ucas.com/
and ticked the 'clearing 2015' option and searched the course I want to do.

It came up with a list of unis so I emailed my preferred uni and asked them if I was eligible (I already have my A-levels/GCSEs and a previous degree). They said yes - I meet the criteria but that they're not in clearing and I'd have to check back on A-Level results day to see if they have places.

Can someone explain this to me? What do the results of the search function on UCAS mean when you check the 'clearing 2015' box - are those courses not actually in clearing?

what happened to grad med?
Keeping my options open. Going to apply through clearing 2015 for Physio and see what happens, if I get rejected I'll take a year out and apply for grad med. If I get a place I'm inclined to take it at the moment. But I'll cross that bridge if and when I come to it. It's probably hard for people to understand I guess but I'm not getting any younger and I need to be working my way towards a career now - so which ever door opens for me I'll follow that route. I haven't got the time or finances to put my life on hold. I'm winging it right now.

ah man thats a shame, as long as your end goal remains grad med, good luck! :smile: i understand, people on here give you a hard time without understanding the perils of the real world, you will reach your end goal.
Original post by welcometoib
ah man thats a shame, as long as your end goal remains grad med, good luck! :smile: i understand, people on here give you a hard time without understanding the perils of the real world, you will reach your end goal.

I hope so! Thanks for your support :smile:.
Oh wow....Exeter already has quite a few in clearing......
Reply 12
Original post by TheAnnabelle
Oh wow....Exeter already has quite a few in clearing......

They are virtually all for the Cornwall campus, and not at the main campus in Exeter.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending