The Student Room Group

Advice for a post-IB student

A couple of weeks ago I received my IB results, and I got 37, 766 HL and for SLs: 6 French SL, 5 Maths Studies and 4 Physics. I initially wanted to apply for Law at Durham, Nottingham, KCL, LSE and UCL, but most of them require 38 points (even 39 for UCL) :frown: I sent remarks for 2 of my subjects, but I'm really scared that the grades won't go up. I really don't know what to do, because the subjects that ruined my overall grade were Maths and Physics...
Do you think that I should retake Maths and French next year? Because I am pretty confident that I can achieve higher grades in both of them, but on the other hand I'm scared that as a retake candidate I will be put at disadvantage..
Or should I apply with 37 points to these universities? Or should I simply apply with 37 to unis with lower entry requirements?
Thanks in advance for your help
(edited 8 years ago)
How close are you for the grade boundaries? If you can get one of the HLs to go up, then you'll be fine (bar UCL). If they don't require a certain number of points for your HL subjects (like a minimum of 20 which is very high) then get a SL remarked that's close to a boundary.

If the remarking deal is out the window and you really want to go to those universities, resit them. If not, apply to different universities.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending