The Student Room Group

Boardmaster questions...

This is the first time going to boardmasters and i wanted to ask some questions for any one who has been to a boardmasters festival.
1. How much do they search your bags once going in? (want to take some drinks in as well haha)
2. are the after parties worth paying extra for?
3. what is ID-ing like at the festival
thanks in advanced
Reply 1
Original post by fraser267
This is the first time going to boardmasters and i wanted to ask some questions for any one who has been to a boardmasters festival.
1. How much do they search your bags once going in? (want to take some drinks in as well haha)
2. are the after parties worth paying extra for?
3. what is ID-ing like at the festival
thanks in advanced

1) It completely depends on the bag searcher. For me and my friends in the same line, the guy only patted our bags and let us through. At one point he found my friend's alcohol in a water bottle and didn't even bother to smell it and put it back in. However, my other friends in other lines got searched a lot more than us. Some people who I met in the festival went in some other entrance which was way less busy, but as a result the bag searchers had more time to strip their bags (consequently all their alcohol got confiscated). Just hide it well (listerine bottle trick is a good un) and you'll be fine

2) Yeah I'd say so. Music ends way too early (like 1.30am), and there's nothing on in the day so it's not like you need loads of sleep.

3) Not sure as I went when I was 17, the afterparties will be very strict but not sure about the actual festival.

Quick Reply

Latest