The Student Room Group

Diagnostic Radiography 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
What type of questions do they ask at interview?
Reply 181
Thank you😊
Original post by katecatfish
most unis ask for an alevel in biology, some ask for a science subject. it might be worth ringing the unis youre considering to see what they say :smile: good luck
Hi everyone, applying for diagnostic radiography this year :smile: This thread has made nervous but very excited lol i wanna get in already!
Original post by themoocher
Hi everyone, applying for diagnostic radiography this year :smile: This thread has made nervous but very excited lol i wanna get in already!

Welcome to the thread! I'm applying for 2016 too, where are you applying to? Good luck with your application :-)
Welcome to the thread! I'm applying for 2016 too, where are you applying to? Good luck with your application :-)

Awesome! I'm applying city, st George's, Cardiff, Canterbury and Exeter - I live south east so quite want to stay down here.

How are you preparing for your interview? Hope all goes well!
Awesome! I'm applying city, st George's, Cardiff, Canterbury and Exeter - I live south east so quite want to stay down here.

How are you preparing for your interview? Hope all goes well!

I'm applying for exeter too! I had a mock interview thing the other day which was really scary, but helped me be a little bit more confident in myself for future interviews haha :smile: other than that, I'm just making sure I have everything ready so I'm not panicing at the last minute. Thank you very much, I hope your application goes well too, good luck for your interviews! :smile:
I'm applying for exeter too! I had a mock interview thing the other day which was really scary, but helped me be a little bit more confident in myself for future interviews haha :smile: other than that, I'm just making sure I have everything ready so I'm not panicing at the last minute. Thank you very much, I hope your application goes well too, good luck for your interviews! :smile:

Did you see Exeter took away their mandatory work experience requirement?
Did your college arrange the mock? That's cool of them if they did!
Did you see Exeter took away their mandatory work experience requirement?
Did your college arrange the mock? That's cool of them if they did!

What do you mean? Do they not want any evidence of work experience anymore then? Thats odd if it is!

And it was arranged at some other school, but basically the school sorted it out for me, it was weird because the interviewer i had had never heard of radiography, so i spent most of th einterview explaining what it was to him and talking about things we had in common (his daughter went to the same school as me etc) so in terms of types of questions it wasn't very useful, but like I said it was a bit of a confidence boost :smile:
What do you mean? Do they not want any evidence of work experience anymore then? Thats odd if it is!

And it was arranged at some other school, but basically the school sorted it out for me, it was weird because the interviewer i had had never heard of radiography, so i spent most of th einterview explaining what it was to him and talking about things we had in common (his daughter went to the same school as me etc) so in terms of types of questions it wasn't very useful, but like I said it was a bit of a confidence boost :smile:

Yep I looked last week and it said you must have a minimum of 2 days but when I looked yesterday it said its not essential, although very useful, but it won't disadvantage you if you don't have it.

Oh nice! I think that's the tricky thing about sorting stuff about for radiography is that not many people, weirdly, don't even know what it is! I bet finding useful information for therapeutic is even harder lol
Yep I looked last week and it said you must have a minimum of 2 days but when I looked yesterday it said its not essential, although very useful, but it won't disadvantage you if you don't have it.

Oh nice! I think that's the tricky thing about sorting stuff about for radiography is that not many people, weirdly, don't even know what it is! I bet finding useful information for therapeutic is even harder lol

oh wow! I'll have to look up on that then, I always thought exeter was the strictest for work experience in the past! And yes, it must be a pain trying to get work experience and stuff for theraputic, especially as not every hospital has a radiotherpy depatrment!
Reply 190
Do you definitely get five choices with radiography?
My dad recently told me I only get four...
Original post by Shakito
Do you definitely get five choices with radiography?
My dad recently told me I only get four...

Your dad is mistaken. I applied for 5 just fine, as did a few friends. :smile:
Original post by lledrith
Your dad is mistaken. I applied for 5 just fine, as did a few friends. :smile:

I applied to 5 through UCAS too, now in second year at Bradford doing diagnostic radiography.
Hello! I am also applying for Diagnostic Radiography 2016! My choices are Sheff Hallam, Leeds, Salford, Derby and Liverpool! :smile:
I got ACEU and AS and am predicted ABB at A2. I am obviously resitting AS biology but Im so worried that I will not achieve the B I need!!! :frown: anyone else in the same boat?
Original post by megthearcher
Hello! I am also applying for Diagnostic Radiography 2016! My choices are Sheff Hallam, Leeds, Salford, Derby and Liverpool! :smile:
I got ACEU and AS and am predicted ABB at A2. I am obviously resitting AS biology but Im so worried that I will not achieve the B I need!!! :frown: anyone else in the same boat?

Hey!! I'm also applying for diagnostic radiography and in my AS I got ABBD..the D in bio, so I'm going to resit unit 2 (and possibly unit 1). I am also so nervous I'm not going to get the B I need! I've got a tutor recently and she seems to be helping me with my technique...which was my issue with biology..but yes! I'm in the same boat sista!
So I am applying to do Diagnostic Radiography at:
Exeter, Leeds, Liverpool, City and St Georges...however, I'm, not sure if I should change one of the uni;'s I'm applying to to BCU? Is it worth changing Liverpool or St Georges to BCU because those were the Unis I was least impressed with?
Original post by dassiwolf
Hey!! I'm also applying for diagnostic radiography and in my AS I got ABBD..the D in bio, so I'm going to resit unit 2 (and possibly unit 1). I am also so nervous I'm not going to get the B I need! I've got a tutor recently and she seems to be helping me with my technique...which was my issue with biology..but yes! I'm in the same boat sista!

I got the E in bio! :frown: is it exam technique you struggle with? cos that is what I cant get my head around! -.-
HI5 SISTAAAAA!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 197
Original post by dassiwolf
So I am applying to do Diagnostic Radiography at:
Exeter, Leeds, Liverpool, City and St Georges...however, I'm, not sure if I should change one of the uni;'s I'm applying to to BCU? Is it worth changing Liverpool or St Georges to BCU because those were the Unis I was least impressed with?

It's very much down to personal preference and how you feel about BCU in comparison to those choices you're considering removing. I'm first year at BCU and it is a great university, however, I can't describe how it is in comparison to Liverpool or St George as I never had those as choices. Go with what you think is best for you.

Good luck with your application. :smile:
Has anyone done the online assessment for Derby Uni?
Original post by Soph282
Has anyone done the online assessment for Derby Uni?

yes, i did it last week, but its taking ages for them to get back with me with the results (well what seems like ages). To be honest there isn't really anything you can revise for, its mainly basic stuff but thats all i can tell you really :smile: good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest