The Student Room Group

Diagnostic Radiography 2016

Scroll to see replies

anyone joining City London?
Anyone for St George's starting next month????
Reply 2422
Can anyone please tell me how much the maximum nhs bursary is? I'm outside London, not with parents: I was under the impression the maximum amount is basic award £4,395 + £1,000 + a loan. I'm panicking now because they're giving me much less than this...
is there a group for SGUL/Kingston?
salford uni anyone?
Original post by iioii
Can anyone please tell me how much the maximum nhs bursary is? I'm outside London, not with parents: I was under the impression the maximum amount is basic award £4,395 + £1,000 + a loan. I'm panicking now because they're giving me much less than this...

Only speak for myself bursary was income assessed against parents income.Only got awarded £1300 because of parents income.Student loan was £3030 as bursary award taken into account but all this is in Wales.Both awards don't cover my first year accommodation as parents expected to contribute.Bit of a joke really as parents have to put their lives on hold for 3 years.Only bonus is no tution fee debt.
Reply 2426
Original post by doubter
Only speak for myself bursary was income assessed against parents income.Only got awarded £1300 because of parents income.Student loan was £3030 as bursary award taken into account but all this is in Wales.Both awards don't cover my first year accommodation as parents expected to contribute.Bit of a joke really as parents have to put their lives on hold for 3 years.Only bonus is no tution fee debt.

It is ridiculous! I think it's gonna be a tough 3 years, but worth it anyway. I really hope they made a mistake with mine! They have decided I will be at uni 250 days a year and I'm sure that's too low.
Original post by GLL1998
I am we have a group chat going if you want adding message me!
(If your already in it ignore me!)

I'm going too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheDesertStudies
I'm going too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

where are you guys going?
Hey can you please answer few questions regarding radiography?

1. What A-levels are needed to have a degree for radiography?
2. Can you do a PhD for radiography?
3. Is it mainly to do with ultra sound?
4. How to you find it (in uni/work)?

Thank you x
Reply 2430
Original post by Ikra_x
Hey can you please answer few questions regarding radiography?

1. What A-levels are needed to have a degree for radiography?
2. Can you do a PhD for radiography?
3. Is it mainly to do with ultra sound?
4. How to you find it (in uni/work)?

Thank you x

1. Typically 3 Bs with at least one science
2. Yes
3. No
4. Both. A PhD has no value in the real world (i.e. clinical environment) though so it tends to be research staff that have them.
Original post by agentdalecooper
I'm going to Derby this September, there you're allocated a placement city for the whole 3 Years- Nottingham, Derby or Leicester and move around the hospitals there. (Thought the community placements are a bit out the way eg. Loughborough if you're on the Leicester rotation, ilkeston if youre on Nottingham). Haven't chosen a preference yet but been told they'll ask us end of August/start of September ish.

I think you have have visits to your first placement in early December and then first placement block is in January, with another one later on.

Take all of this with a grain of salt though, I haven't actually started yet!

Hi, I was just wondering do you get to pick the hospital or are you just given one
Has anyone had their ucas updated to unconditional by St George's? Also has anyone received any start dates or additional information?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got into BCU radiography !
Thank you, do you have any tips you could give me so I become successful to do radiography. And if you don't mind me asking what a levels did you pick?
To everyone,

please tell me what a levels you picked?
I did Btec science and sociology, the science is accepted as two a levels and 260 UCAS points, and sociology is also accepted as a social science, oh and make sure you get your radiography experience that is essential
Thankyou!

I picked, A LEVEL. biology sociology and economics
Original post by Ikra_x
Thankyou!

I picked, A LEVEL. biology sociology and economics

Yeah you will easily get into radiography course. With that, just do your research on the subject and interviews for each uni, which uni do you want to go to?
prefer to be in London & a Russell group uni

Quick Reply

Latest