The Student Room Group

Horrible AS Results - Help???

So I got EEUU in my as levels
E - Chemistry
E - Use of Maths
U - Physics
U - Economics

I'm 100% dropping economics however I want to carry on with Physics this year, will I be able to even though I got a U?
I really don't want to do 3 years at college so is it possible to resit the AS physics whilst still doing A2 this year?
Original post by Gjdjfjdjdh
So I got EEUU in my as levels
E - Chemistry
E - Use of Maths
U - Physics
U - Economics

I'm 100% dropping economics however I want to carry on with Physics this year, will I be able to even though I got a U?
I really don't want to do 3 years at college so is it possible to resit the AS physics whilst still doing A2 this year?

Yes, it's possible to do a resit during your A2 year, but whether you'll be allowed to continue on with the subject is up to the college. You'll have to ask them, in the end!
Reply 2
It is possible to resit BUT it's a lot of pressure to do all your A2 exams plus resits, depending on what grades you require I would consider redoing the year.
Original post by Hgat
It is possible to resit BUT it's a lot of pressure to do all your A2 exams plus resits, depending on what grades you require I would consider redoing the year.

I second this, its really hard work to improve grades as A2 is harder so your AS needs to be solid.

Quick Reply

Latest