The Student Room Group

AS Level results - Cambridge law chances

I'm aware that this question has probably been answered before several times, but i was wondering whether you think i stand a chance at getting into cambridge to study law with these results:
10A* GCSE
A in A2 maths (which i sat a year early)
EPQ - B (I'm getting this checked as it has been marked down by at least 8 marks from the A* my mentor gave it)
4A AS level:
- English, UMS: 81 (my teacher didn't even finish the course material which I wil ask the school to mention in their reference)
- Maths, UMS: 93 1/3
- Spanish, UMS: 88.5 (I have asked for the script back with the plan to get it remarked for higher UMS as i was expecting a better result)
- Religious Studies: 97
My average UMS across my best 3 subjects is 92.9, which i am hoping to push up over the 93 barrier with Spanish remark.

Again, I am aware that similar questions have been asked multiple times before but i just want some personal advice on the matter to (hopefully) put my mind at ease. The worst case scenario is that I apply to Oxford because of my UMS so it's not necessarily a disaster if the answer is no. Thank you for any advice/opinions on the matter.
It's worth a shot - your UMS is fine, so just choose whether you prefer the Oxford or Cambridge course.

For Oxford you'd need to sit the LNAT before interview, and for Cambridge you'd sit the Cambridge Law test while at interview.

It's only one of five choices so worth a shot :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Lucilou101
It's worth a shot - your UMS is fine, so just choose whether you prefer the Oxford or Cambridge course.

For Oxford you'd need to sit the LNAT before interview, and for Cambridge you'd sit the Cambridge Law test while at interview.

It's only one of five choices so worth a shot :smile:

Thanks for the advice 😊 I was also wondering whether I would stand a better chance of getting into Oxford than Cambridge due to my UMS
Original post by Colin Mac
Thanks for the advice 😊 I was also wondering whether I would stand a better chance of getting into Oxford than Cambridge due to my UMS

Your chances of getting into Oxford would depend on your LNAT score, your GCSEs are very good so would be a good basis.

Just choose which course and uni you prefer :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Lucilou101
Your chances of getting into Oxford would depend on your LNAT score, your GCSEs are very good so would be a good basis.

Just choose which course and uni you prefer :smile:

Thank you again :smile: I think I'll see what happens with my spanish and go from there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending