The Student Room Group

Nutrition and Dietetics applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
I have an interview on Weds at London Met, just wondered if anyone had been interviewed by them before?
Original post by Kirsty1001
Got an interview date through yesterday!! Argghhhhh!!!

Same! For 8th Feb?
I had my interview at Herts Uni in the beginning of November and now waiting for offer. Don't be nervous, group interview was a simple chat, numeracy and literacy test easy. Single interview was about my personal statement,details about my study. Really don't stress!
(edited 8 years ago)
Well done for getting into Nottingham! That course is one of my favourites :smile:
I have an interview at Coventry soon for Dietetics and was wondering what sort of questions they ask/ whether it was a literacy or numeracy test because not much information was given in any of the emails! Thanks
Really wish more universities do Dietetics. it's so competitive
Original post by Manisha__06
Really wish more universities do Dietetics. it's so competitive

I've applied for Nottingham wbu
I'm applying! I've chosen (in order) Herts, Kings, London Met and Nottingham. My final choice was used on a foundation science degree that I was accepted onto outright. Plan B in case I don't get in this year!

So far I've heard back from Herts & London met; I have interviews with them both next month (11th & 18th). Anyone else going to these interviews? Anyone heard back from Kings or Nottingham yet?

The interviews seem pretty long and scary though. I wish I had the chance to speak to some students who'd already had theirs!
Original post by Happymum32
I had my interview at Herts Uni in the beginning of November and now waiting for offer. Don't be nervous, group interview was a simple chat, numeracy and literacy test easy. Single interview was about my personal statement,details about my study. Really don't stress!

What was your group chat about (if you're allowed to say!)? I'm so nervous about the interview :eek: What did you wear?
Original post by surrey1996
Hi guys just thought I'd put a message out there to see if I can be of any help. I'm in first year at Surrey, 7 weeks in now. I applied last year so I know the process so if theres any questions you have about the course, surrey or the application process let me know if I can help. I interviewed at surrey, kings, chester and Coventry and got offers from all, I also applied for leeds becket but didn't attend my interview as I already had other offers :smile:

Hi there -- congrats on getting a place, I hope everything is as good as you imagined so far!

Did you have a group discussion as part of your interviews? If so, how much scientific knowledge did you feel you needed to take part? I'm really worried that I'll show up and everyone will already know so much about dietetics and I'll look like an idiot. Of course I'm going to prepare for my interviews but I'm not sure where the benchmark is. Was there anyone there that was already super knowledgeable?
Reply 189
That's a really good question^^ I'd be intrigued to know too.
Original post by MiddKitty
I'm applying! I've chosen (in order) Herts, Kings, London Met and Nottingham. My final choice was used on a foundation science degree that I was accepted onto outright. Plan B in case I don't get in this year!

So far I've heard back from Herts & London met; I have interviews with them both next month (11th & 18th). Anyone else going to these interviews? Anyone heard back from Kings or Nottingham yet?

The interviews seem pretty long and scary though. I wish I had the chance to speak to some students who'd already had theirs!

I've heard from Kings and Notts, my interview for Notts is the 27th of this month and Kings is the 8th February, I'm so nervous!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KatieAlicexxx
I've heard from Kings and Notts, my interview for Notts is the 27th of this month and Kings is the 8th February, I'm so nervous!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh good luck!! I'm sure you'll smash it, just got to be prepared.

When did you send your application and when did you hear back from them?
Original post by MiddKitty
Ahh good luck!! I'm sure you'll smash it, just got to be prepared.

When did you send your application and when did you hear back from them?

they recieved my application on the 21st October and I heard from Notts early December and from Kings about 3 days ago
Original post by KatieAlicexxx
they recieved my application on the 21st October and I heard from Notts early December and from Kings about 3 days ago

Oh you sent yours way before mine then. I won't start worrying until other people on my course hear from them...I heard back from London Met the same day my application was sent which didn't help me manage my expectations, lol!
[QUOTE=MiddKitty;61930407]What was your group chat about (if you're allowed to say!)? I'm so nervous about the interview :eek: What did you wear?
Well, there was few group questions about different sytuations in the hospital and they asked us what we would do. I think everyone said something. If you don't know what to say you don't have to,but they taking notes who is taking part in the chat.All people were dressed smart. Really don't worry.
[QU y="y" OTE="KatieAlicexxx;61932801"]I've heard from Kings and Notts, my interview for Notts is the 27th of this month and Kings is the 8th February, I'm so nervous!!

Posted from TSR Mobile[/QU]

Well done x i've not yet received an interview from Nottingham. Did you get an email ?
Hi I'm applying for Dietetics too :smile:

I'm doing a third year in college atm doing Biology A level and Chem AS, I've already got an A in A level psychology and B in A level English.

As I'm not doing A2 Chem I'm limited to where I can apply so I'm only applying to Chester and Surrey for dietetics but then also applying for just nutrition there as well. I've got offers from Surrey & Chester for nutrition (need a B in Biology for Surrey and C for Chester) and I've got an interview for Chester in Feb, but haven't heard back from Surrey yet 😁

Dietetics is my first choice but if I don't get onto either course then I'll do nutrition and hope to do a post grad dietetics degree. 😊
Has anyone heard anything from Surrey yet??
Reply 198
For anyone that is interested in London Met specifically for Dietetics, here's a small write up of interview process and course info.

The course requires 10 days equivalent of shadowing, or care work in a clinical environment and attendance to a dietetics event.

The uni itself doesn't look like much from the outside but the facilities are excellent, especially the super-lab, it's state of the art and the largest in Europe.

There was no group exercise, just a presentation about the course. I think we started 30 minutes late, so they skipped the discussion and just had us complete some paperwork including a written test / question : Why do you want to be a dietitian / study dietetics?

The interview was relatively relaxed, the lecturers / interviewers were both male which was a surprise and the questions were quite generic - Why do you want to be a dietitian? What type of dietitian do you see yourself as? Where do you see yourself in 7 years? What is something you've researched recently in the world of dietetics / nutrition etc. So the questions weren't too strenuous at all.

I nailed all the questions regarding research and why I want to be dietitian thank god. I was also dead last out of 10 people.

Although I think the reservations they will have about me is that the tutors on my access course have somehow predicted me to get merits, when the predicted grades were made literally 4 weeks into the course. That has pissed me off slightly honestly because it hasn't portrayed my ability well at all and I've exceeded those predictions so far. I think they'll also have reservations about my lack of care experience. I did mention my Auntie is a manager of a care home and the senior lecturer was quite pleased to hear that and said I should be fine to get the experience then.

They did say if a place for dietetics was not offered, usually they offer human nutrition which essentially has very similar units (the students actually merge from dietetics in some lectures) and there is of course no clinical experience. Human nutrition is also not funded but the top-up course will only add an additional overall length of time of around 6 months if I was to do a masters or PGDip after.

Hope this helps anyone out who's possibly thinking of going there or has an interview there at some point and hope you've all had successful interviews recently.
Original post by Harvlol
For anyone that is interested in London Met specifically for Dietetics, here's a small write up of interview process and course info.

The course requires 10 days equivalent of shadowing, or care work in a clinical environment and attendance to a dietetics event.

The uni itself doesn't look like much from the outside but the facilities are excellent, especially the super-lab, it's state of the art and the largest in Europe.

There was no group exercise, just a presentation about the course. I think we started 30 minutes late, so they skipped the discussion and just had us complete some paperwork including a written test / question : Why do you want to be a dietitian / study dietetics?

The interview was relatively relaxed, the lecturers / interviewers were both male which was a surprise and the questions were quite generic - Why do you want to be a dietitian? What type of dietitian do you see yourself as? Where do you see yourself in 7 years? What is something you've researched recently in the world of dietetics / nutrition etc. So the questions weren't too strenuous at all.

I nailed all the questions regarding research and why I want to be dietitian thank god. I was also dead last out of 10 people.

Although I think the reservations they will have about me is that the tutors on my access course have somehow predicted me to get merits, when the predicted grades were made literally 4 weeks into the course. That has pissed me off slightly honestly because it hasn't portrayed my ability well at all and I've exceeded those predictions so far. I think they'll also have reservations about my lack of care experience. I did mention my Auntie is a manager of a care home and the senior lecturer was quite pleased to hear that and said I should be fine to get the experience then.

They did say if a place for dietetics was not offered, usually they offer human nutrition which essentially has very similar units (the students actually merge from dietetics in some lectures) and there is of course no clinical experience. Human nutrition is also not funded but the top-up course will only add an additional overall length of time of around 6 months if I was to do a masters or PGDip after.

Hope this helps anyone out who's possibly thinking of going there or has an interview there at some point and hope you've all had successful interviews recently.

Thanks for this! Really helpful! I've yet to hear from London Met! Hopefully soon- interviews at Kings and Hertfordshire lined up!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending